When They’re All Bark and No Bite—How to Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance
Nationwide is an American insurance company headquartered in Brea, California. It offers insurance plans for homes, vehicles, pets, travel, weddings, special liability, and others.
The company offers three types of pet insurance:
- Major Medical
- Major Medical With Wellness
- Whole Pet With Wellness
Subscribers have had issues with the company’s pre-existing conditions policy and how it’s applied. Cancellations are on the rise, but the company doesn’t always make it easy to cancel your plan. If you run into problems when canceling your Nationwide pet insurance, DoNotPay can lend a helping hand.
How Can I Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance on My Own?
If you want to take matters into your own hands, there are a few different ways to cancel your Nationwide pet insurance:
- Using your Nationwide Pet Account settings
- Calling their customer support
- Writing a letter
- Sending an email
How To Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance on the Website
If you do not have an account on the Nationwide website yet, make sure you create one. To cancel, you have to:
- Log in to your account
- Navigate to the Pet Account Access page
- Under your pet’s policy information, click on Cancel My Policy
How To Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance via Phone
You can also call the customer support number to cancel your account and plan. Do this by:
- Dialing 800-540-2016
- Asking to speak to a representative or agent
- Requesting that your pet’s insurance plan is canceled
The customer support working hours are 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays (Pacific time).
How To Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance in a Letter
To cancel your insurance via mail, you must:
- Compose a cancellation request
- Include your account information
- Sign it
- Send it to P.O. Box 2344 Brea, CA 92822-2344
How To Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance via Email
You can’t send an email to Nationwide directly, but you can submit an email request on their website. To do it, follow these steps:
- Go to the Nationwide email request page
- Input your email address
- Type out your request to cancel
- Choose Cancellation in the dropdown window
- Press Submit
You can find all the different methods of canceling your Nationwide pet insurance in the table below:
|Can You Cancel With||Yes/No|
Want To Cancel Nationwide Pet Insurance Quickly? DoNotPay Has You Covered
There’s no reason to waste time trying to call or email Nationwide when you can let DoNotPay handle your cancellation in minutes. Our handy robot lawyer app offers a quick and straightforward way to cancel any subscription or insurance plan. Here’s how you use DoNotPay to cancel a service:
- Open the app in your web browser
- Navigate to the Find Hidden Money tab
- Type in Nationwide Pet Insurance as the service you wish to terminate
That’s all there is to it. DoNotPay will make sure that Nationwide cancels your account and that they don’t charge you again.
We also help you detect and get rid of subscriptions you might have missed. After you connect your email or bank account to our service, we’ll be able to detect all the services you pay for. You can then select the ones you don’t want anymore and cancel them from our app.
Our app will notify you once the subscription is canceled.
Can I Pause My Nationwide Pet Insurance Plan?
Nationwide doesn’t offer an option to pause your insurance plan.
Looking for an Alternative to Nationwide Pet Insurance?
After you cancel Nationwide, you’ll probably want to look at suitable alternatives. Here are some of the most popular pet insurance options:
Cancel Nationwide and Get Things Done—What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
What happens when you want to take a break from working out and need to cancel Gold’s Gym, Planet Fitness, or LA Fitness? Our app can take care of it in minutes. We help our users get rid of unwanted subscriptions as quickly as possible. Whether you need to cancel Instacart or World of Warcraft, we’ve got your back.
Some companies make it difficult to end your subscription, while others will try to sneak in a paid subscription at the end of a free trial. For this, we offer a free virtual credit card. It lets you sign up for free trials without worrying about being charged for renewed paid subscriptions.
Access our app in your web browser and check out the tasks we can simplify for you:
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Contesting parking tickets
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from any company
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Applying for clinical trials
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement