A Complete Guide to Getting a Brea Pet License
Brea residents are legally obligated to obtain a license for any dogs that they own that are over four months old. Pet licenses register your pet with Orange County, and the license could help reunite you with your pet if they ever wander away from home. If you lose your registered pet, the Brea animal shelter will have the information they need to contact you. They might even bring your pet back to your house instead of taking it to the shelter, where you'll have to pay a fine to release your animal. That means getting a pet license is a convenient way to make your animal safer. The money you pay for the license goes towards providing care for stray animals in the Brea area.
Learn more about how to get a pet license in Brea, California, and how can make the process even easier.
How Can I License a Pet in Brea, California?
You can get your Brea pet registration online, through the mail, or via email. For each of these methods, you'll need the following license requirements:
- The application. You can get the pet license application for Brea, California online or from your local animal shelter.
- If your pet has been sterilized, you'll need to submit proof. This is typically their medical records showing the sterilization procedure.
- A rabies vaccination certificate. You can get this from your vet once your pet has been vaccinated, as required by law in Orange County.
- Proof of the animal 's age. This can come from their veterinary records as well.
- Application fees.
Once you have the paperwork and fees together, you can submit your licensing application in one of three ways:
How to Get a Pet License Online
- Go to Orange County's online pet license registration portal
- Click on "start new registration"
- Enter your information
- Submit the payment
How to Get a Pet License Through the Mail
- Download the application online or pick up a copy at your local animal shelter
- Fill out the form
- Include the form, supporting documentation, and payment (check or money order) in an envelope
- Mail it to: OC Animal Care, Licensing Department 1630 Victory Road Tustin, CA 92782
How to Get a Pet License Through Email
- Download the application online
- Fill it out with a PDF editor, or do it by hand and scan it into your computer
- Scan supporting documents
- Send an email with the application and supporting documents to ACSLicensing@occr.ocgov.com
- They'll contact you for payment information
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Brea, California?
How much it costs to license your dog in Brea will depend on their age and whether they are sterilized.
|Puppies from 4-6 months old: $28|
|Sterilized dogs: $28|
|Unsterilized dogs: $159|
Brea does offer discounts for seniors and military members. Licenses last for 12 months. If you don't renew in time, you may have to pay a late fee of $48 per dog.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get Your Brea Pet Registration
DoNotPay can help you get your the easy way. Using our convenient online system, you can fill out the registration application and submit your payment in a few easy steps, right from the comfort of home. No need to download or print any forms or send your payment through the mail. DoNotPay takes care of everything for you, so you can quickly get your dog licensed in just a few clicks.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Brea, California using DoNotPay:
If you want to Save Time Registered Your Pet in [City/County] Using DoNotPay don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered 3 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works for Pet Licenses in Every County With the Click of a Button
Don't live in Orange County? DoNotPay's pet licensing system works for cities, counties, and states across the country, including:
DoNotPay is the easiest, fastest, and most convenient way to handle your pet licensing needs. That's not all we can do, though. Use the DoNotPay service as a convenient way to handle tasks like appealing a banned account or applying for a college fee waiver. Our simple service gets your complicated tasks done in just a few clicks. Use it today for your and see how easy it can be.