How To Recover Your Hacked Blizzard Account In A Flash
Millions of people game online with Blizzard, one of the most popular game developers. Blizzard is the creator of the World of Warcraft series of games, StarCraft, and Overwatch, games that have earned legions of devoted fans. While Blizzard offers a secure interface for users to game online called Battle.net, hacking is always a concern for anyone with a Blizzard account.
If you suspect that your , there are some things that you can do on your own to secure and recover your account. Hackers can quickly take control of your personal information, so swift action is necessary if you believe that you are dealing with a hacked Blizzard account.
How to Tell if Your Blizzard Account Has Been Hacked
The Blizzard website offers a wide variety of games and a full suite of digital products for gamers of all levels. Although Blizzard boasts cutting-edge security measures through its Battle.net game interface, hacking is possible. These tell-tale signs could indicate that your :
- If you see any unusual or unauthorized activity on your Battle.net gaming account, you could have been targeted by hackers.
- Contact the Blizzard customer support team immediately if you notice purchases you didn't make. Purchases that you didn't authorize are a prime sign that you have been hacked.
- If your login information doesn't allow you to access your Battle.net gaming account, you might have been hacked. Hackers will often change your password to lock you out of your account.
Any of the above indicators mean that you should take swift action to restore your hacked Blizzard account. The longer you wait, the more personal information hackers could access.
What to Do if Your Blizzard Account Gets Hacked
Once you determine that you are dealing with a hacked Blizzard account, follow these steps to try to restore your account on your own:
1. Secure Your Computer
Securing your computer immediately is the best line of defense against hackers accessing even more of your personal information. If you have any shared passwords with your hacked Battle.net account, change them immediately. If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, run a sweep to detect and remove any threats on your PC. Antivirus software is a must for anyone who games online, so if you don't currently have the software installed, consider downloading a robust antivirus program.
2. Submit a Ticket to the Blizzard Customer Support Team
After securing your computer, submit a ticket to Blizzard customer support. The team will recover your account and restore your access using the account email you provide with your ticket. Depending on the circumstances, it could take anywhere from a few hours to weeks to restore your hacked Blizzard account.
3. Add a Battle.net Authenticator
While you are waiting for the Blizzard team to recover your hacked Blizzard account, there are some things you can do. The Blizzard customer support team will likely recommend installing the Battle.net Authenticator, a security feature that helps protect your account from hacking attempts. The Battle.net Authenticator can be downloaded as an app, which you can use to enable two-factor authentication security for your Battle.net account. Having the Battle.net Authenticator in place doesn't eliminate the threat of hacking, but it helps to reduce it.
After you go through the process detailed above, you can regain access to your hacked Blizzard account. Unfortunately, it might take a while - and cause a lot of stress and heartache in the meantime. Fortunately, there is a solution that doesn't require you to track down customer service or run endless diagnostics on your computer. DoNotPay is the best solution for securing your hacked Blizzard account.
Recover Your Hacked Gaming Account With DoNotPay
How to recover your gaming account using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your hacked gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
Aside from helping you recover your hacked Blizzard account, DoNotPay can also assist you in recovering:
DoNotPay Helps Secure Your Gaming Accounts
DoNotPay helps you recover your hacked account by applying legal pressure to the companies that are supposed to protect your information. DoNotPay is:
- Fast. Just three simple steps and you can submit your hacked account information to DoNotPay for our experts to handle.
- Easy. DoNotPay eliminates the guesswork from recovering hacked accounts. Our system makes it easy, with no research required.
- Successful. Best of all, DoNotPay is successful, so you don't have to wait for weeks on end while your hacked account is being recovered. Get access to your Blizzard account quicker with DoNotPay.
With DoNotPay, you don't have to waste time and money downloading apps and submitting numerous tickets. Easily recover your hacked Blizzard account with DoNotPay.