How To Recover A Hacked Apex Legends Account
Apex Legends is one of those games that you can pour a lot into; time, effort, and money. This makes a well-played Apex Legends account highly valuable for hackers to steal, passwords to play or sell. There is a thriving darknet economy for selling well-developed Apex Legends accounts, so it's no surprise there's also a plague of accounts getting hacked. The following activity might even get your account banned - erasing all your hard work.
Unfortunately, the recovery process is complex and relies on the response time and judgments of EA customer service.
When your , no amount of slow responses and proof verification provides satisfaction. If you have a hacked Apex Legends account, DoNotPay can help you get your account returned to you and, if necessary, unbanned.
How to Tell if Your Apex Legends Account Was Hacked
Determine if your by looking for these signs:
- You can't log into your account
- Your friends report you are playing when you are not
- You get an email about a new login location or device that isn't you
- You receive an email prompting you to reset your password
- You receive spam regarding your EA or Apex Legends login
- Your EA account shows Apex Legends activity that wasn't you
- Your Apex Legends account is suddenly banned for no reason you're aware of
What to Do if Your Apex Legends Was Hacked
If You Can Still Log In
If you can still access your , take action immediately to lock the hacker out.
- Change Your Apex Password
- If you can still log in, change your password immediately to something new and challenging
- Hint: Pick an acronym (ex: This is my swag new password = t1m$nP)
- Change Your EA Password
- Apex and EA accounts are not quite the same. Secure both accounts, especially if you were using the same password
- Use a different new password
- Add 2-Factor Authentication
- If you haven't already, double-secure your account with 2-F authentication
- Secure Your Email Account
- Make sure your gaming email account is safe, change its password as well.
- Secure Your Other Gaming Accounts
- Secure any other gaming account that uses the same password that was hacked
- Don't use all the same passwords use a password manager if necessary
Once you have triple-secured your account so the hacker can't log in again, report the hack to EA games. Head to the Apex Legends Support Ticket page, select your typical platform and submit a report.
If Your Email and Password Were Changed
What if the hacker has already changed your account email and password? If you can't log in, you will need to appeal to EA just to regain control of your account.
- Navigate to the Apex Legends Support Ticket page
- Pick your typical gaming platform
- Select "Manage my account"
- Select "Hacked account"
- Select a contact option
- Enter your legal first and last name
- Enter your email address
- Select a currently available option
- Submit your request to have your account restored
- Provide proof that you are the account's original owner
Once you submit a report ticket, it can take days for EA to make a judgment and restore your account. During this time, the hacker may be at-large and may even get your account banned. However, the sooner you report the hack, the more likely your account will be restored in good standing when EA finally makes their move.
How to Recover Your Hacked Apex Legends Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you've reached out to EA customer service and haven't heard back - or they did not choose to restore your account based on your service ticket, DoNotPay can help. We are an online service and can take more official action that is not limited by customer service routes. We can get EA to respond and return your account even when EA customer support can't or won't help you.
Simply let us know the information needed to prove account ownership and evidence of the hack and we'll take official action to get your account back. Here's how it works:
How to Recover Your Hacked Account Using DoNotPay:
If you want to recover your gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
When one gaming account is hacked, there's a good chance others may be targeted as well. Take this opportunity to check all your accounts and change your passwords so that your other investments of time and money into your gaming profiles are not lost to similar hacking attempts.
If the login credentials for your Apex Legends account are used with other accounts, other accounts of yours may also be compromised. DoNotPay can help you restore any hacked account on any website or service. Simply follow the same process and we'll make sure each company moves swiftly to recognize and restore any other hacked accounts.
Get Your Apex Legends Account Unbanned After a Hack With DoNotPay
One of the most common consequences of a hacked Apex Legends account is the account being banned while hacked. Don't worry. DoNotPay also has an Account Unbanning service to help you fully restore your Apex Legends account if this happens to you.
Follow the link or search for "Unban account" on the DoNotPay website and follow the simple steps. We'll take care of the rest and let you know when your account is restored.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has a large selection of online services that can help resolve current problems and cross troublesome items off your to-do list. How else can we help? Here are just a few additional services that might be useful to you during this difficult time.
- Appeal a Banned Account
- Identity Theft Recovery
- File an Insurance Claim
- Small Claims Court
- Copyright Protection
- File a Complaint
- How to Cancel Any Account
A hacked Apex Legends account is more than just an inconvenience. It is a form of identity theft, financial fraud, and theft of everything you've poured into that account. DoNotPay can help you get it back!