The Foolproof Guide to Getting a Pet License in Anacortes
Licensing your pet has many benefits, including enabling you to find your pet and get it home to safety if it gets lost. An Anacortes pet license is compulsory for dogs and voluntary for cats. This mandatory requirement requires paperwork such as current rabies vaccination certificates and proof of spay, which can be challenging to find, especially if you haven't kept track of them since getting your pet.
Thankfully, all such worries can become a thing of the past if you use DoNotPay to solve your pet licensing woes. Not in Anacortes? Check out our guide to pet licenses elsewhere in Washington state or in King County.
Ways to License a Pet in Anacortes
You can acquire an Anacortes pet license online or by submitting a pet license application via mail.
How to License Your Pet Online
- Visit the Anacortes pet licensing online portal.
- Click on "Click here to begin."
- If you received a mailing with a reference number, you will need that number to create your account. Otherwise, you will need to create a new account.
- Enter your information.
- Scan and upload your pet's rabies certificate or send it later by fax, mail, or email.
- Pay via a credit card. A convenience fee of $2 applies for each transaction.
How to License by Mail
- Download the license application.
- Fill out the required details.
- Enclose a copy of your pet's current rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enclose proof of spay/neuter if it is not indicated in the rabies certificate.
- Determine the correct licensing fee for each of your pets.
- Make your check or money order payable to the city of Anacortes. Cash payments are not allowed.
- Mail your paperwork and payment to the following address: Anacortes Dog Licensing c/o PetData PO Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
The above methods need you to fill in your details or provide the required paperwork. There will likely be a delay in processing your license if one of the items is missing or if your check is not for the correct amount.
DoNotPay 's pet license product can save you potential delays by helping you navigate the application process and ensuring you pay the proper amount. You only have to answer a few questions about your pet, and we will complete the rest of the application.
The Cost of a Pet License in Anacortes
Learn how much a pet license in Anacortes will cost for your pet:
|Unaltered Dog License||$50.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Dog License||$10.00|
|Unaltered Dog Less than 8 Months Old||$10.00|
|Unaltered Dog More than 9 Years Old||$10.00|
|Potentially Dangerous Dog - Spayed/Neutered||$60.00|
|Potentially Dangerous Dog - Unaltered||$100.00|
|Dangerous Dog - Must Be Spayed/Neutered||$110.00|
|Replacement Tag Fee||$2.00|
You should also note that you can get a free license for a verified ADA service dog, though you will still be responsible for renewing it annually to avoid fines.
Apart from the annual licensing fee, there are also other costs associated with maintaining a pet in Anacortes. For instance, a rabies vaccination is mandatory by law and costs between $15 and $20, while the price range for neutering a dog is $50-$55, although it can be more depending on your dog's weight.
Reasons to Register Your Dog in Anacortes
Need a good reason to get a pet license for your pooch? We have a few:
- The law requires that all dogs over the age of 16 weeks must have a current City of Anacortes license.
- A pet with a current license tag is easier to return to the owner.
- A current license tag on the pet shows that they are up to date with their vaccinations.
- You will rest easy knowing that a current license on your pet's collar will make them easier to locate.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Anacortes
You'll be responsible for having a few documents on hand when you register your animal:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate
- A signed statement from a veterinarian or invoice as proof of spay/neuter if the pet has been altered
- A signed statement from a veterinarian as proof of age if eligible for a reduced licensing fee
The license tag and receipt are usually mailed to you within 10 days after submitting the license application, although you should allow an additional 3-5 business days in case of slower processing.
If you did not provide all the required items, a single sheet of paper will be mailed to you requesting the missing items. You are required to return that notice along with the requested items. A new check must be written if the initial payment amount was incorrect.
You could, however, save yourself repeated trips to the bank and post office by using DoNotPay's pet license service. Our AI service will review all details to ensure that the information given is correct so you can avoid any delays and get on enjoying life with your pet.
Renewing or Replacing Your Pet License in Anacortes
Renewing your pet license yourself is similar to the process of first obtaining one.
To renew your license online:
- Visit the online portal.
- Sign in using the same reference numerals as used for your initial license.
- Update any required information.
- Ensure an updated rabies vaccination is on file.
To renew your license by mail:
- Enclose a current rabies certificate if the vaccination on file has expired or a new vaccination has been given.
- Enclose proof of neuter/spay if such information is not already on record.
- Make checks payable to the City of Anacortes.
- Mail the above paperwork and payment to the following address: Anacortes Dog Licensing c/o PetData PO Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
To obtain a replacement tag:
- Enclose a copy of your prior license receipt or note to indicate which pet the replacement tag is for.
- Send a check or money order to Anacortes Dog Licensing.
- Mail the above items to the following address: Anacortes Dog Licensing c/o PetData PO Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
You cannot get multiple tags for one pet, as there can only be one active license tag at a time.
How Long is a Pet License Valid in Anacortes?
Dog licenses in Anacortes are valid from January 1st to December 31st each year. This means that payment for your license is due January 1st each year. First-time licensers must do so within 30 days of obtaining a pet over the age of 16 weeks or within 30 days of moving to Anacortes. The rabies vaccination must also be current at the time of license renewal.
Therefore, if the pet's rabies vaccination is expiring, you should have it re-vaccinated and send the certificate together with the payment when renewing the pet license.
Can My Pet License Be Revoked?
The city of Anacortes cannot revoke your pet license unless there is a formal hearing. The license may, however, lose its purpose if your pet dies. You are no longer required to license the pet if you transfer ownership to someone else. You are also not required to license your pet with the city of Anacortes if you have moved to another city.
Should your pet license get revoked, you should consider seeking the services of DoNotPay. We can advocate on your behalf to help you re-register your pet and keep it safe and legal.
How to Save Time by Registering Your Pet in Anacortes Using DoNotPay
If you want to save time or don't know how to start registering your pet in Anacortes, DoNotPay has you covered with 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
DoNotPay Also Works in Other Jurisdictions
Using DoNotPay to register your pet is possible not only in Anacortes but also across the country:
- Maricopa county
- Orange county
- Pierce county
- Los Angeles county
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The DoNotPay app can help you solve a myriad of other problems, in addition to getting your pet licensed:
- Appeal banned
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
- Cancel any service or subscription
- College waivers
- Discover and apply for scholarships
DoNotPay product offerings offer you a fast, easy and successful way to resolve all the above problems and more. Go ahead and save yourself the hassle by signing up today.