Does AMEX Travel Have a Price Matching Program?
Traveling is great, for those who can afford it. Unfortunately, hotel rooms and airfare can be a prohibitive cost for many. There are ways to get great discounts on travel, but that usually means extensive research.
If you have an American Express card, you may be able to get great price-matching discounts on all kinds of travel-related expenses. But finding a low requires a lot of searching. Unless you use DoNotPay. The Price Match product can help find discounts, coupons, and lower prices for price matching.
Does Amex Travel Match Prices?
for those who have some kind of American Express credit card. Here are some things to know about Amex's Lowest Rate Guaranteed program:
- Amex provides a price match on hotel rooms booked through Amex Travel
- The hotel room needs to be the exact same as the room booked through Amex
- Same number of people
- Same dates
- Same room type
- Same hotel
- You can request a price match up until your check-in date, assuming you've paid for your reservation already
Amex makes it easy to get a price match on a hotel room, but you'll need a price to match. If you can't find a lower-cost hotel room on your own, consider finding one with the help of DoNotPay.
How to Get an Amex Travel Price Match
Amex Travel price matches are handled through their online submission form.
If You’ve Paid for Your Reservation
To request an Amex Travel price match, follow these steps:
- Go to Amex's Lowest Rate Guaranteed site
- Enter your personal information
- Enter details about the price you found
- Hotel Name
- Where the lower price was found
- The original price
- What the lower price is
- Enter comments explaining where the lower price can be found
- Attach your documentation. Take screenshots of the lower price you've found to submit here
The details required for the are fairly straightforward, but finding the price may be difficult. Amex already offers low prices, so finding one on your own will be difficult. DoNotPay can scour the internet in minutes, and find a lower price for you to match if one exists.
If You Are Paying Later
If you choose to pay for your reservation later, Amex can still match the price. Follow the steps above. Since you haven't paid, you won't get your money back. Also, Amex requires you to save your receipt. Send it to them after your stay, so they know you paid the discounted rate.
How to Get an Amex Travel Price Match With DoNotPay
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
DoNotPay is a great way to find great deals. With DoNotPay, you can:
- Find the Best Deals - DoNotPay can also help you find the cheapest price available for your desired purchase! Just use the Find the Best Deals service to have us find the best deals for your item. We'll send you the top 3 lowest prices we find for your item.
- Deals and Coupons - DoNotPay can also help you find relevant promo codes redeemable at Amex Travel. Just use the Deals and Coupons service to have us scan the web for active coupon codes.
Other Prices you can Match with DoNotPay
DoNotPay's price matching product works with a lot of companies, not just DoNotPay:
If a retailer offers price matching, DoNotPay can help you find a lower price to match.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay isn't just for price matching. There are many services and products within DoNotPay, including:
- Find missing money. Did you know that there are registries for an unclaimed property just waiting for its owner? Determine if you have an unclaimed property available to claim with DoNotPay
- Exchange gift cards for cash. A gift card is a nice gift, but not if you'll never use it. Luckily DoNotPay can help you exchange gift cards for cold, hard cash
- Free Trials. There are a lot of free trials out there on the internet, and companies offer them for a reason. They know you'll forget to cancel, and that's money in their pocket. DoNotPay has it all figured out. Use their service to sign up for the free trial, and you won't be charged.
DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful. You'll save time and money on your travel expenses, even with Amex Travel. Try DoNotPay's Price Match product today!