How to Take Advantage of the American Eagle Price Adjustment
American Eagle is known for its beautiful floral prints perfect for pairing with rustic sweaters, a wide array of quality denim products, traces of its rugged history in the outdoorsy design, and a new line of comfort-forward fashion like leggings and oversized looks. While many tout American Eagle as an affordable outlet for quality-made teenage clothing, it can be challenging for a teen or their parents to make the grade when it comes to pricing. When it comes to price matching and American Eagle, DoNotPay has figured out how to get the . While not the same as a full-price match, getting discounts on clothes can help moms and teens alike.
Shopping can be a hobby, but for those with enough time and energy, hunting down discounts like the ones we've identified in our Price Match Product is an art form. with other brands might not be possible, but there are tons of other retailers who do, and identifying which stores price match will help us help you save an extraordinary amount of time. Our Price Match product has the latest guidance on the relevant policies at the following stores:
Does American Eagle Price Match? Does Aerie Price Match?
No. American Eagle has been around since 1977, as reflected by the various pattern of 77 incorporated into its designs in homage to its founding. Aerie was opened in 2006 and is a subsidiary of American Eagle that sells lingerie. AE and Aerie price adjustment only consist of giving their customers back the difference between fully priced retail items in their stores and ones that have been discounted. American Eagle's price adjustment policy does not include price matching with other retail stores.
How to Save Money When Shopping at Aerie and American Eagle
The good news for fans of these brands is that American Eagle and Aerie price match their own discounted items in a generous return policy. According to Market Research by First Quarter Finance, "American Eagle Outfitters offers price adjustments within 14 days of purchase, American Eagle customer service representatives told us." This means that the brand does have a price adjustment policy, but it involves some detective work. Based on findings by Consumer Reports, retailers that have price adjustments aren't known for advertising this fact or defining their policy to the public.
However, Consumer Reports discloses that "A price-adjustment policy generally means that the retailer will refund the difference if it drops the price on something you purchased there in the last 14 to 30 days." In the case of American Eagle, the window for a refund of the difference on items sold in the store or online is 14 days.
Therefore, remember the difference between a price match and a price adjustment when it comes to AE lines:
- A price match is when a store will lower its price to match that of a competitor that offers the same product.
- A price adjustment will only to apply to items within that store itself.
- A price adjustment would involve getting refunded the difference between an item that has been discounted vs. a higher or full value the customer paid.
- It can also include when a retailer corrects its differences in pricing on their website vs. in the store.
- For example, an American Eagle price match online means that they will match the difference between their website and the price in the store. Does Aerie price match online sales, too? Yes, both stores will do this.
- An AE price adjustment is going to involve a 14-day window for the price to change, someone to notice it, and bring in the item for a refund.
Here's how to get an American Eagle Price Adjustment:
- For the price adjustment (American Eagle and Aerie, too), bring in the receipt.
- If you cannot make it into the store, then contact Customer Service by phone at 1-888-232-4535.
- Customer Service can also be reached online or through chat on their website.
- Tell them that the price has dropped on the item, and you need a price adjustment.
- If there is more than one drop in price, they should honor them.
- Be able to tell and prove that you bought the item within the past 14 days.
- American Eagle price adjustments are also supposed to extend to online purchases.
Again, price match (American Eagle and Aerie) is a price adjustment that applies to their own items.
Will American Eagle price match online? Does American Eagle price match the online prices of other stores?
Yes, they are supposed to accommodate price adjustments of their own online products with those in the stores, including discrepancies. No, they will not honor price matches from other stores' online catalogs.
How to Earn the American Eagle Price Adjustment by Yourself
Since price adjustments do result in a small profit loss to businesses, a lot of price adjusting can cost a large, multinational company a lot of overhead.
Here's why it's difficult to get a price adjustment at American Eagle:
- If it involves an in-store return, managers may not always be upfront about the price adjusting policies.
- Other employees might not be aware it exists and are less likely to recommend it or process the request.
- The Coronavirus epidemic will tend to increase online traffic and this could cause more fluctuations in online prices than usual.
- The language for the price adjustment isn't on their website, so it would involve getting an experienced agent involved.
- Researching and finding price discrepancies will be time-consuming.
- There would be some lag in how long it takes them to reply to your message.
Get the American Eagle Price Adjustment Using DoNotPay
Based on the difficulty some users will face getting a price adjustment from a retailer, DoNotPay is here to help and get the problem solved in only four simple steps. Instead of waiting hours on the phone, or hoping to speak to the right manager, get DoNotPay involved instead of wasting your time for a small refund.
Here's the way to get a price adjustment with DoNotPay:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we’ll double-check for you.
Don't forget our two, other sweet offers for shoppers!
- Find the Best Deals product that shows you the top three (in terms of least expensive) products online. This way, you can shop ahead of time and hopefully won't need a price adjustment or match.
- Deals and Coupons program we have will scour the Internet and bring back some rocking coupon codes for you to use. Try them both soon for some sensibly priced shopping experiences!