How to Delete an Old 1Password Account
It seemed like a great idea at the time: Sign up for a service where you can store all your passwords, so you can always look up an infrequently used password when you aren't quite sure. But like the best-laid plans, this one didn't work out as you expected, and now you've decided you want to .
If it's not a service you want to use anymore, you'd be wise to delete an old account, especially one that would grant hackers access to all your important accounts if 1Password ever were breached. And if you're not actively using your 1Password account and it were hacked, 1Password also would be less likely to notice anyone had accessed the account since it sits dormant.
If you don't want to spend your valuable time trying to figure out how to delete a 1Password account, you'd be pleased to learn DoNotPay can take on the task for you.
How to Delete a 1Password Account on Your Own
1Password offers a couple of options for , both of which work through the website. There is also a slight variation if you are deleting a personal account or a team/family account. 1Password also offers options to cancel your subscription, in which case they will retain your data in case you decide to come back or to delete vaults or items within an account. The company warns that if you cancel your account, they erase all your data and it cannot be recovered.
Steps to Take To Delete a Personal Account:
- Log in to your 1Password account.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select My Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Permanently Delete My Account.
Steps to Take To Delete a Family/Team Account:
- Sign in to the 1Password account.
- Select Setting in the sidebar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Delete Family Account or Delete Team Account.
Steps to Take if You Cannot Access Your Account:
- Go to the 1Password Support page.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Open the email from 1Password and click View my Account link.
- You'll see a list of 1Password accounts. Click on the one you wish to delete.
- Scroll down and click Delete Account.
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
If you have decided at this point you don't want to cancel your account but do need to recover your password, DoNotPay offers a simple way to re-access your account through its Recover Password feature.
Reasons to Delete Your 1Password Account
Forgetting passwords is certainly a problem, as 78 percent of people forget passwords within 90 days of creating them. Having a central repository for all of your passwords might be a good idea, but also can be a risky proposition. If your unused 1Password account should be breached, you're likely to lose money, risk future creditworthiness, and have to spend tons of time resetting passwords on all of your accounts.
You're better off just deleting your 1Password account and finding a less risky way of storing your many passwords. DoNotPay offers a simple solution to eliminate this risk.
Delete Your Old 1Password Account with the Help of DoNotPay
You don't need to go through all the struggles of trying to delete your old 1Password account by yourself. You just need to provide a little information and you can get on with your life knowing DoNotPay has a handle on the problem. And you'll be able to move forward knowing hackers can't get access to your important passwords if 1Password should be breached.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
You're done. DoNotPay will notify you as soon as your account is canceled and your can rest easier.
Why Use DoNotPay to Cancel Your 1Password Account
Rather than spending your time trying to cancel a 1Password account, depend upon DoNotPay to get the job done. These are the reasons DoNotPay is the best option to cancel an account:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to cancel your 1Password account.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in canceling an account
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll get your account canceled quickly.
DoNotPay Helps Delete Accounts With Hundreds of Companies and Services
DoNotPay can help you delete accounts with companies well beyond 1Password. Among those you can get assistance with are:
Sign up for DoNotPay today to get started cleaning out your unused accounts and better protect your online safety.