How to Avoid Woodforest Bank Overdraft Fees
Irrespective of every attempt you make to maintain a positive Woodforest bank account balance, unexpected expenses and slip-ups that cause you to go into red can happen. If transactions by any chance take your account into zero balance, you might get hit with . Probably because multiple automatic payments are authorized at the same time, or a check doesn't fully clear before you go into a shopping spree.
You will encounter a Woodforest overdraft fee each time a transaction results in a negative balance, and this can add up to quite a good amount of money. Fortunately, these fees can be avoided, and this is where DoNotPay becomes useful.
What are Overdraft Fees?
are charged when you try to withdraw more money than you have in your account, which makes your account balance negative. This may happen if you opt into an ATM overdraft and debit card. Woodforest will allow you to withdraw money even when you don't have it. Essentially, the bank lends you money, but this comes with a cost.
This table shows how much top banks charge for overdraft fees:
|Bank of America||$35|
What Are Woodforest Bank Overdraft Fees?
The Woodforest bank covers your overdrafts in two different ways:
- Standard Overdraft
Woodforest Bank offers the standard overdrafts that come with your account Woodforest bank authorizes and pays overdrafts for automatic bill payments and checks, as well as other transactions made using your checking account number.
The bank doesn't authorize overdrafts for ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions. If they don't authorize your overdraft, the transaction will be declined.
- Overdraft Protection Plans
These include a link to a secondary checking or a revolving line of credit or savings account (Account Sweep), which may be less expensive than their standard overdraft practices.
refer to the charges applied anytime the bank pays an item into the overdraft. They charge 32 dollars for each transaction. If the transaction overdraws your account by $1 or less, you won't be charged any fee. Again, there's a limit of three fees per day that you can be charged for overdrawing your account.
How to Avoid Woodforest Bank Overdraft Fees on Your Own
The best way to avoid Woodforest bank overdraft fees is by always checking your balance. Before making any purchase, always check your balance using one of the following ways:
- Log in to online banking
- Call the Automated System 1-866-226-5724
- Use the mobile app
- Set up Online Banking Alerts
- Use a Woodforest ATM
You can also opt out of overdraft protection. By doing so, the bank will simply decline transactions when your account balance isn't able to cover the charge, rather than accepting the charge and adding a fee on top of it.
Another strategy is by ensuring that you keep a large sum of money in your account if you have the capacity to so that an overdraft is unlikely. In the real sense, excess money in your account should be for earning you interest, but they can also help you to avoid overdraft fees, especially if you have a current account.
How to Avoid Woodforest Bank Overdraft Fees Using DoNotPay
If you want to avoid Woodforest bank overdraft fees using DoNotPay but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
Why Use DoNotPay to Avoid Woodforest Bank Overdraft Fees
- Fast. There’s no reason to spend several hours trying to avoid Woodforest bank overdraft fees.
- Easy. You don’t have to struggle to fill out dreary forms or keep track of all the steps involved in avoiding Woodforest bank overdraft fees.
- Successful. You can relax with the guarantee that we'll make the best case for you.
DoNotPay Works Across All Entities With the Click of a Button
Besides helping you to avoid Woodforest bank overdraft fees, we can also help you locate banks without overdraft fees and find out if banks charge overdraft fees on weekends.
We'll also help you to waive:
- Chase Bank overdraft fees
- TD Bank overdraft fees
- Fifth Third bank overdraft fees
- Bank of America overdraft fees.
- Bank of America ATM fees
- Citizens Bank overdraft fees
- Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees
- PayPal transfer to bank fees
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has several products you can use. We can help you solve any issue with just a few clicks. Here are some of our other services:
- Get refunds as well as compensations for canceled or delayed flights
- Seamlessly get revenge on robocalls
- Protect your work against any copyright infringement
- Stop any company from sending you spam texts
- Waive any college application fees
today to get more acquainted with our various first-class services.