Get a Refund on Bank of America ATM Fees With the Help of DoNotPay
Banking services are essential for most people all around the world. Whether you utilize online banking exclusively or prefer to visit your bank in person, the reality is that you are likely dealing with your bank on a weekly, if not a daily basis. If you travel or need to grab some quick cash for an in-person transaction, you probably utilize an ATM.
Paying Bank of America ATM fees is a common concern for Bank of America patrons. These Bank of America ATM fees can add up over time, costing you up to hundreds of dollars every year, depending on how often you need to use an ATM. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you appeal those fees, putting money back in your pocket.
What Is a Bank of America ATM Fee?
According to the Bank of America website, there are no fees charged to their customers when using their ATMs in the United States. Patrons can use the bank’s ATMs to make deposits, transfer funds, get their account balance, and, of course, withdraw cash. However, when using a non-Bank of America ATM, certain fees may apply.
Here's what to know about their ATM fees:
|Non-Bank of America ATM fees for withdrawals, balance inquiries, and transfers at a bank in the United States||$2.50 for each transaction|
|Non-Bank of America ATM fee for withdrawals, balance inquiries, and transfers at a bank in a foreign country||$5.00 for each transaction|
|ATM operator fee||$2.50 to $5.00 per transaction|
|Replacement ATM or debit card fee||$5.00 per card|
|Rushed replacement ATM or debit card fee||$10.00 per card|
Other Common Fees From Bank of America
In addition to the ATM fees outlined above, there are other fees you could encounter if you are a Bank of America customer. These fees include:
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Statement copy fee||$5.00 per copy|
|Overdraft protection transfer fee||$12.00 for each transfer|
|Overdraft item fee (only applicable for certain types of Bank of America accounts)||$35.00 for each item over $1.00.|
|NSF: Returned item fee||$35.00 for each item over $1.00|
|Stop payment fee||$30 for each request|
How to Get Bank of America ATM Fees Waived on Your Own
Bank fees can hit you at very inconvenient times. If you are already struggling with a financial situation, you can try getting the fees waived. Here's how to try to get Bank of America fees waived on your own.
- Reach out to Bank of America directly through their website, whether by social media message or online message. Explain in your message the fees that you've incurred, including how much you are charged and the circumstances behind the charge.
- Explain that you would like to have the Bank of America ATM fees waived by the financial institution. If you've been a customer of the bank for a long time, detail how you've been loyal to the institution and why you value your relationship with Bank of America. This will help your case and prove to the representative that you should get the fees waived.
- Wait for the decision from the bank. Sometimes, the bank representative will be able to give you an answer on your appeal right away, but you could end up waiting for several days to find out if you get the fees waived.
Do you want some help handling unfair bank fees? Turn to DoNotPay! DoNotPay is the simple solution to getting help with appealing bank fees without stress.
Use DoNotPay to Get Bank of America ATM Fees Erased
DoNotPay can reach out to the bank on your behalf, appealing your bank fees and helping you to possibly get them waived.
If you want to get Bank of America ATM fees eliminated, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You?
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful way to get bank fees overturned. You don't need to worry about unfair fees with DoNotPay on your side. Whether you are dealing with unfair Bank of America ATM fees or overdraft fees that you would like to have waived, DoNotPay can help you out.
Here are some other ways DoNotPay can help:
- Find banks without overdraft fees
- Learn if banks charge overdraft fees on weekends
- Appeal Citizens Bank overdraft fee
- Fight TD Bank overdraft fees
- Waive PayPal transfer to a bank fee
- Appeal Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees
- Fight Fifth Third bank overdraft fees
- Contest Chase bank overdraft fees
DoNotPay can also:
- Help You Deal with Identity Theft
- Provide Copyright Protection
- Cancel Unwanted Subscriptions
- Help You Recover Account Passwords
- Delete Unwanted Accounts
Contact DoNotPay today to get the process started.