Fight Zions Bank Overdraft Fees Easily With DoNotPay
Banks serve an important role in our society by keeping people's money safe and secure while allowing customers to accrue small amounts of interest. Despite this helpful purpose, banks can charge several types of fees, including overdraft fees, that can add up to hundreds of dollars per year.
But you don't have to put up with these unfair charges when you have DoNotPay on your side.
With DoNotPay, you can fight any bank overdraft fees, monthly service fees, and more with just a few minutes of your time and key pieces of information. All you need to do is visit the DoNotPay app on your smartphone or tablet, or the DoNotPay website on your computer.
Common Types of Zions Bank Fees
|Refers to fees regarding not having enough funds when a transaction is taken out of your account. Zions Bank charges $35 for an overdraft.
|This fee is charged to accounts with balances that remain overdrawn for at least seven days. You can be charged $30 for this fee.
|If you need to stop a payment due to writing the wrong balance or recipient for a check, you can be charged $25.
|Begins charging $5 per month after the first year of inactivity for a checking account.
These are just a few of the dozens of possible fees Zions Bank can charge without warning, which is why it's important to thoroughly read any agreements the company has you sign before opening an account or taking out a loan.
Why Do Banks Charge Overdraft Fees?
When consumers don't have enough funds in their bank account to cover a purchase or transaction, a customer's card can be declined or a check can bounce, rendering them unable to complete the transaction. Many banks now cover the cost of the transaction on a consumer's behalf, but charge approximately $34 on average to do so.
Charging overdraft fees is one of the largest money-makers for banks all over the country. In fact, according to CNBC, banks made over $15 billion from overdraft and non-sufficient funds fees just in 2019. That huge sum of money has increased steadily over time, but you can fight back with DoNotPay.
Fighting Zions Bank Overdraft Fees on Your Own
If you're feeling brave, and you'd like to take on Zions Bank on your own for an overdraft fee, you can do so. Try these steps:
- Contact Zions Bank's customer service department and request a waived overdraft fee. This works best for customers who have done business with the bank for a long time, and they can threaten to take their business elsewhere.
- If that doesn't work, and you were treated unfairly, you can also visit the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website. Simply locate the correct form and print it.
- Fill out the details completely, including the sections asking for your bank routing and account numbers, and a description of the events that took place.
- Mail the form to Zions Bank
- Wait to hear back
If Zions Bank agrees with your complaint, it will refund the fees to your account.
If you don't hear back for several weeks, Zions Bank may disagree with your complaint and choose not to refund you. In this case, you can use DoNotPay to assist you with your next steps.
Getting Zions Bank Overdraft Fees Waived Quickly With DoNotPay
If you've accrued overdraft fees from Zions Bank, and you don't want to fight them on your own, DoNotPay can handle the hard work for you. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
After that, you can sit back and relax or focus on other pressing items on your to-do list. We will get right to work on your inquiry as soon as you hit the submit button, and you will hear back from us in a timely manner.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can manage all kinds of legal paperwork for you. We created the world's first AI Consumer Champion to help regular people like you fight unfair policies from large corporations. Besides helping you fight bogus fees, we can also assist you with:
- Connecting with prisoners
- Filing a formal complaint
- Appealing banned accounts
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
- Deleting your Instagram account
- Obtaining burner phones
- Fighting property taxes
- And so much more!
If you're ready to let artificial intelligence handle some of the most unpleasant tasks on your to-do list, visit DoNotPay today.