Get USAA Checking Account Fees Refunded Easily
With the way society operates, it is almost imperative to have a bank account to handle your financial affairs quickly and efficiently. Bank accounts allow you to manage your money, pay bills online, write checks or use a debit card instead of always handling cash, shop online, easily send and receive wire transfers, and more. Even with all the benefits of banking, banks can choose to charge any number of fees to account holders, including maintenance charges, ATM fees, overdraft fees and more. If you have questions about, or want to fight , DoNotpay is here to help!
Common USAA Checking Account Fees
When opening a checking account, it is important to be aware of potential fees, and to check for changes in the fee schedule periodically.
Fees that USAA Does Not Charge
Unlike many banks, USAA does not currently charge some of the standard fees that you will find at other banks, including:
- Maintenance Charges
- Overdraft Fees
- Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee
- ATM fees for their ATMs, and they waive some fees for out-of-network ATMS
Common USAA Fees and Charges
However, like most banks, you will still see a variety of fees, including, but not limited to:
|Insufficient Funds (NSF) Fee||$29 per item that is returned or declined|
|Returned Item||$5.00 per item that you deposit which is later returned|
|Official/Teller Check||$10 per item (one fee can be waived per calendar year)|
|no fee for the first 10 non-USAA transactions, then $2 per transaction (you may also incur additional surcharges from that bank.)|
|Foreign Transactions||1% of US Dollar amount|
|Photocopy Fee||$5 per item|
|Stop Payment||$29 per order|
|Research Fee||$15/hour with a 1 hour minimum|
|Legal Process Fee||up to $100 for each occurrence|
How to Avoid USAA Checking Account Fees
There are a few things you can do to avoid the various fees associated with your USAA checking account.
- Read the fine print. It's important that you read and understand the fee schedule so that you are aware of potential fees. There are ways to avoid specific types of fees per the bank's own policies.
- Use your online statements - Instead of requesting a paper copy of your statement, view and/or print them from your account online.
- Utilize Online Banking - You can avoid requesting copies of checks or research on your account if you monitor your account carefully online, thus avoiding unnecessary fees.
- Understand ATM Fees- If you must use a non-USAA ATM, you can only have so many fees waived per month, and you may still incur additional surcharges from other banks. You can avoid this by using USAA bank ATMs.
- Monitor Your Spending - While USAA does not charge overdraft fees, you can avoid NSF charges for declined transactions by not spending over your balance.
- Request a Fee Waiver - Some banks will grant a one-time waiver if you politely request and have a good history with the bank. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to situations beyond your control (natural disaster, for example), you may be able to provide documentation and request a waiver. While there is no guarantee, it cannot hurt to ask.
Let DoNotPay Help You Fight USAA Checking Account Fees
Bank fees can add up quickly and really eat at the balance of your hard-earned money. If you believe you were charged the wrong fees or need help requesting a fee waiver, DoNotPay's solution can save you time and stress.
How to Get Waived Quickly with DoNotPay
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
Why Use DoNotPay to Fight Bank Account Fees?
DoNotPay provides a fast, easy and successful service. You simply give us your information, and we make a formal request on your behalf. You can rest assured that we will make the best case to save your hard-earned money.
In fact, DoNotPay can help you fight unfair bank fees at or request waivers for banking fees at any banking institution. We can help you:
- Get Refunds for Bank of America Overdraft Fees
- Request a Waiver for Chase Bank Overdraft Fees
- Fight TD Bank Overdraft Fees
- Avoid Paypal Bank Transfer Fees
- Get Fifth Third Bank Overdraft Fees Waived
- Avoid Citizens Bank Overdraft Fees
- Avoid Wells Fargo Checking Account Overdraft Fees
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do more than help you fight and waive arbitrary bank fees. We offer a variety of solutions to any type of problem. Let us help you:
- Sue an individual or business in small claims court
- Handle Insurance Claims
- Negotiate Bills
- File Complaints
- and so much more.
Whatever your problem or concern, let DoNotPay help today!