Don't Let Republic Bank Fees Create a Hole in Your Finances
Republic Bank has a number of locations all over Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee and Ohio, so if you live in one of these states, you will likely have access to a Republic Bank location. However, , including overdraft fees, returned item fees, wire transfer fees, etc.
If you often do wire transfers, use non-Republic ATMs or go over your account balance, you may find that banking with Republic Bank is not exactly cheap. Additionally, depending on the type of account you open, you might also end up paying a monthly service charge. All these charges can add up and create a hole in your finances.
There is, however, a convenient way to get your Republic Bank fees waived. Use DoNotPay and, by simply entering some basic information, you can take the next step towards getting your Republic Bank fees waived and building better financial health. This will benefit you in the present as well as in the future.
What Fees Does Republic Bank Charge for Maintaining an Account?
Depending on the type of account you open with them, Republic Bank might for maintaining an account.
- For their Easy Checking account, Republic Bank asks for an opening balance of $50 but does not charge any fees for maintaining the account. There is no minimum balance that you have to maintain either. But keep in mind that this account does not earn interest.
- If you prefer to open a checking account which earns interest, you can go with their Flex Checking account which has a $12 monthly maintenance fee unless you maintain a balance of $1000, get a direct deposit or do 10 debit card transactions every cycle.
- Republic Bank's Pinnacle Checking account has a monthly maintenance fee of $25, and you have to maintain a higher account balance. But you do earn interest on this account and you also get certain free services.
- Republic Bank also offers the Checking Builder account with a monthly fee of $7.95—$12.95, the Simple Access account with a monthly fee of $6.95 and a Military Honors checking account with no monthly fee.
If you'd like your money to earn interest instead of just sitting there, you might have to pay a monthly fee at Republic Bank.
How does Republic Bank do in comparison with other US banks with regard to monthly fees? According to CNBC, the average American pays $16.35 to maintain an interest checking account every month. In comparison, Republic Bank charges $12, which is a little lower.
What Other Fees Does Republic Bank Charge?
In addition to the monthly maintenance fee, Republic Bank also charges its customers a number of other fees.
- There's a $3.50 fee for using a non-Republic Bank ATM.
- There's a $36 fee for an overdraft.
- There's a $36 fee for a returned item (if you don't have funds to cover it in your account).
- There's a daily overdraft fee of $8 per day, starting from the third day of the overdraft. So if you don't rectify the overdraft situation and bring your balance back into the positive within two business days, you will keep collecting fees on your account.
- If you do a stop payment, that will cost you $36.
- Incoming wire transfers cost you $30.
- Outgoing domestic wire transfers cost you $30.
- Outgoing international wire transfers cost you $60.
- Requesting a paper statement will cost you $4.
- Rushing your debit card to you will cost you $25 in the US and $100 internationally.
As you can see, Republic Bank's fees can add up to quite a lot. According to NerdWallet, Americans think that they're only paying about $2,244 in investment and banking fees throughout their lifetimes, but the truth is they might end up paying about $369,000 if you include the cost of IRAs and 401Ks. Even if you only count the amount that Americans pay for checking and savings accounts, it comes up to $17,661.
How to Get Your Republic Bank Fees Waived With DoNotPay
Republic Bank may be a convenient bank for you to bank with if it's located close to you. However, you may not realize how much you end up paying at Republic Bank in terms of charges and fees. If you sit down to total how much you paid Republic Bank in terms of fees at the end of the year, you are likely to be surprised by the number.
Fortunately, you don't have to accept these fees without saying anything. You can use DoNotPay to fight Republic Bank's fees. If you want to get your Republic Bank fees waived with DoNotPay but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
All you have to do is enter some basic information and leave the rest up to DoNotPay. You'll be surprised and happy to see how easy it is to get your Republic Bank fees waived.
What Other Bank Fees Can You Fight With DoNotPay?
Keep in mind that DoNotPay works for a number of banks and a number of fees. It's not just a product that you can use for Republic Bank.
|Bank of America overdraft fees||Wells Fargo||Chase Bank||Citizens Bank overdraft fees|
|Bank of America||Fifth Third Bank overdraft fees||TD Bank||Paypal|
Keeping your money in a bank makes sense. Banks provide safety and security; plus they also give you interest. But there are times when banks charge you very high fees which you can ill afford. Keep in mind that you don't have to take these lying down.
You can use DoNotPay to fight these fees and get them waived.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is fast, easy, and reliable. What’s more, it can help you save on a host of other things, not just bank fees. With DoNotPay, you can:
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Get College Fees Waived
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- and more.
Save money with DoNotPay today.