How to Delete a Pottermore Account
As of October 2019, Pottermore is no longer an active website. It now belongs to a larger company owned by Warner Brothers called Wizarding World. Despite many changes to its features and its new home, any information from your old account will have migrated to the new company. If you haven't logged in since 2019, it will ask you for a few details to finish moving your information over. However, if you have a that you no longer use and don't have the desire to access the new website, you may be curious about the best way to delete your account.
Additionally, if you have recently accessed the new website and are dissatisfied with the changes, deleting your account is fairly straightforward. The most direct way to delete your account is through your account settings page, though you will need to have already logged into the new website to be able to access it. If you have lost your password and can't remember the email address used to sign up for this service, DoNotPay can also help you recover that information. With , you can easily and successfully cancel your Pottermore account without the annoyance of trying to navigate it on your own.
Reasons You May Want to Delete Your Pottermore Account
There are many reasons you may want to delete your account. They may include:
- Receiving too much email - Sometimes when we sign up for services or newsletters, we don't realize the number of emails we may end up receiving.
- No longer interested - Like many of its users, you may have signed up for Pottermore when you were much younger and then forgotten about it. If you no longer wish to access Pottermore products, it's wise to delete your account rather than letting it go unused.
- Cutting out unused online accounts - Even if you have no specific reason for wanting to delete your account, you may prefer not to have multiple unused accounts online. If you no longer access this account, you can delete your private information to protect yourself against security threats or data being shared without your knowledge.
For whatever reason you wish to , doing so can be relatively time-consuming and out of the way, especially if you have yet to migrate your information to the new website. DoNotPay can delete your account for you and get your information removed from the Wizarding World website with very little work on your part.
How to Delete Your Pottermore Account on Your Own
If you wish to delete your Pottermore account on your own, the most common way to do so is as follows:
- Log into the new Wizarding World website
- Navigate to the Settings icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Delete My Account
- Enter your username and password to confirm account deletion
From there, your account should be deleted and your information removed. However, the Wizarding World Privacy page states that it retains some of your data, perhaps even after you have deleted your account. If you are a California resident, you can submit a data deletion request directly from the website. However, if you are not from California, you must send them an email to request to have your data deleted. You will be required to prove your identity with account information and possibly a photo ID. The process seems quite tedious and confusing, but you don't have to do it on your own. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you delete your account and remove most of the private information Wizarding World has stored about you.
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
DoNotPay Is Here to Help You
If you no longer use your Pottermore account and wish to delete it along with any other private information this company has stored, you can do so easily with DoNotPay's Delete Account product. If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you delete accounts and recover old passwords, DoNotPay has many products that can simplify your life. DoNotPay is here to take the hard work out of your daily tasks. You can also use DoNotPay if you need to:
- Appeal a banned account
- Get off a spam email list
- Find free trials on products and services
- File a complaint
- Request an item return
DoNotPay is compatible with a generous variety of different platforms that you might also find yourself subscribing to with information that ought to be protected. The following are just a few examples of the other companies that DoNotPay can provide equally assisted support with:
Sign up for DoNotPay today and let us get to work for you!