Participate in Parexel Clinical Trials—Volunteer for a Study With a Few Clicks
Parexel International Corporation is the second-largest global biopharmaceutical company that provides services in:
- Clinical trial management
- Data management
- Medical writing
- Regulatory consulting
Parexel has over 84 facilities in more than 51 countries, including Germany and England.
If you’re looking to participate in a clinical trial conducted by Parexel, DoNotPay can help you find the most suitable one for you. Read on to find out more about clinical trials, their phases, and if there’s a Parexel clinical trial near you!
What Are Clinical Trials?
A clinical trial is a medical research that tests a new substance or medical device before it becomes an approved treatment for a disease or health condition. Clinical trials are preceded by preclinical testing and, once they are launched, they usually consist of four phases.
The first phase is when the testing on humans starts, and it’s usually paid for healthy volunteers. During the first phase of clinical trials, scientists need to determine how the medication interacts with the human organism and how the volunteers respond to it.
The second phase focuses on how effective the drug is on the people with the disease.
Phase three is important because the new treatment is compared to the traditional approach to treatment. This phase can last for several years.
The fourth and final phase starts after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves the new medication. At this stage, scientists study the treatment’s long-term effects on the wider population.
What Types of Parexel Medical Trials Are There?
Parexel conducts medical trials for various diseases and conditions. They pride themselves on improving and developing a variety of medications for an array of conditions like:
- Respiratory diseases—particularly asthma and emphysema
- Liver diseases
- Skin conditions
- Different types of cancer—breast, lung, prostate, and more
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Infectious diseases—like HIV or hepatitis
- Disorders of the central nervous system—such as depression, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and more
- Metabolic disorders—like diabetes and osteoporosis
Why Should You Participate in a Parexel Clinical Trial?
People decide to participate in clinical trials for various reasons, and some of those reasons might be:
- They want to help medicine move forward faster
- Many of them need medication due to a condition they have
- They want to help others
- Some want to get paid
- Others do it out of sheer curiosity
The best reason for you to join a clinical trial is—contribution. By participating in a clinical trial, you can help make the world a better place and be a part of something truly amazing.
What you should think about before everything else is your safety, so you should familiarize yourself with the potential risks of joining a clinical trial. They differ from one trial to another.
Parexel states that your health and safety are a priority in their studies. Medical professionals at Parexel will give you all the information you need in a consent form you are obligated to read and sign before you enroll.
How To Find Parexel Clinical Trials
Parexel conducts clinical trials in the following four locations:
|Los Angeles, U.S.||https://www.parexel.com/trials/locations/los-angeles/en|
Steps for Finding Parexel Clinical Trials
To find Parexel clinical trials, follow the next few steps:
- Go to Parexel’s website
- Click on the hamburger button in the upper left corner
- Select Volunteers, Studies & Investigators from the drop-down menu
- Click on Trial Volunteer Overview
- Scroll down to find Locations Worldwide
- Select the city that you find the most suitable
- Click on Find a Study
On this page, you can see the available studies, search for a specific study, or join Parexel’s volunteer mailing list, and they’ll inform you when a new study emerges. If you select Berlin as your location, you will be redirected to the German Parexel website, and the same goes for other international locations.
How To Find Parexel Clinical Studies via DoNotPay
DoNotPay has an extensive clinical trial database. With a few simple clicks in our app, you can find an array of clinical trials, medical surveys, and paid psychological studies near you. The majority of the studies DoNotPay can find for you are paid, and the compensation can go from $10 to $10,000. The best part is, DoNotPay takes no fees—100% of the amount you earn is yours.
You’ll be matched with the best clinical trials by our customized matching algorithm after you do a short questionnaire about clinical trials. You have the option to set filters for your specific desires and needs via DoNotPay’s clinical trial platform.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and follow this simple guide:
- Select Clinical Trials
- Click on Get Started
- Set up your preferences
- Choose the study you want to participate in
- Click on Contact Now
DoNotPay will contact the researcher, and this will better your chances of enrollment. You will hear from the researchers within the next few days. You can bookmark the studies you’re interested in and use DoNotPay’s option of text message alert. This is useful for those who don’t want to miss out on their chance to enroll in a particular study that isn’t recruiting yet.
How Risky Can a Clinical Trial Get? Parexel London Clinical Trial Is a Good Example
Parexel was involved in a huge scandal in 2006 that occurred in the independent Northwick Park and St. Mark’s Hospital in London. During this clinical trial, Parexel was testing the drug TGN1412 for the treatment of leukemia and rheumatoid arthritis, and it affected the immune system severely.
The research was first done in the laboratory on mice and humanoid apes, and it seemed to be successful, but when it was administered to humans, subjects had a severe reaction and serious side effects. The test subjects experienced fever, cytokine storm, organ failure, and tissue swelling. TeGenero—the developing company—claimed that the side effects weren’t the result of breaking the protocol.
In their final report, Medicine and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) stated that the researchers in the trial didn’t establish the safe dosage of the medication on humans. The participants are suffering long-lasting consequences after the notorious clinical trial.
DoNotPay Is Always There To Help You
No matter what administrative or legal issues you need to solve, chances are DoNotPay has got a remedy. Check out what our app has to offer you by opening it in any web browser of your choice. DoNotpay can help you with:
- Enrolling in various clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Signing up for free trials without credit cards
- Reporting stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from any company
- Canceling your subscriptions or memberships in a few clicks
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Never waiting for the customer service reps to pick up again
- Appealing speeding citations
- Getting compensated for robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Setting an appointment with the DMV in the blink of an eye
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting parking citations
- Postponing bills you are unable to pay
- Ridding yourself of spam mail forever
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Blocking spam texts
- Handling your credit card problems