Find the Best PA Approved Private Schools for Special Education
Special needs students require a special type of education to better help them succeed in the world once they reach adulthood. Finding the best is the key to making that happen. No matter what challenges your child is facing, whether it's developmental, learning, behavioral, emotional, or physical, they have a right to educational support through Pennsylvania legislation. DoNotPay offers a Find the Best Schools product to make your search a lot easier.
Things to Consider When Looking for a Private School Offering Special Education
We here at DoNotPay understand how important it is to find the best for your child. We also understand how challenging it can be to find a school you can trust for a child with special needs. It requires looking at several schools and programs and picking one that best fits your child's needs. In many cases, a private school offering special education programs is the best choice. However, there are some important questions you should ask before making a choice.
- What types of special needs does your child need support for?
- What type of environment do you think would best suit your child?
- Does your child need a program offering individualized learning and differentiated instruction?
- How much is your estimated budget for tuition?
- How far are you willing to commute to take your child to school?
Below are some considerations you should have when choosing a special education school or program:
- What type of special needs are supported?
- How does the school support students with special needs?
- What environment is the support delivered in?
- Does the school offer individualized learning and differentiated instruction?
Understanding Special Education Laws in Pennsylvania
According to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and under Title 22 Chapter 14 of the Pennsylvania Code, children with special needs have certain rights.
Student in Private School
|When you place your child in a private school, it's required to identify and offer equitable participation.|
Special Education Plans
|A school's special education plans must include the following:
|A paraprofessional is employed by the school and works under the supervision of a certified staff member. Also called "instructional paraprofessionals," they assist in providing instructional services to students with special educational needs. Support and assistance encompass one-on-one, as well as positive behavior support plans. Services may be provided in a special education class, regular education class, or other instructional settings as provided in the student's Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).|
|Parents of special education students are allowed "reasonable access" to their child's classroom. While Pennsylvania legislation doesn't provide an in-depth definition of "reasonable access," unrestricted access is not allowed. Local school boards and/or schools are allowed to establish policies that define "reasonable access."|
There are several other legislative rules governing special education in Pennsylvania, so it's advisable for parents to study them.
Introducing the DoNotPay School Search Tool
Our new product makes it easy for you to enter a custom school search based on the factors you care about (student-to-teacher ratio, type of academic programs offered, tuition pricing, etc.), and we'll automatically generate a full report of the best matches in your area. We'll include a list of the top 5 schools with their overall scores and include a detailed look into the top school so you can see if it's the right fit for you.
Searching for PA Approved Private Schools for Special Education Using DoNotPay:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student-to-teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search in for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
And that's it. DoNotPay will find the top five schools that match your criteria and generate a detailed report highlighting the academics, safety, teachers, sports, diversity, and more.
How to Search for PA Approved Private Schools for Special Education on Your Own:
When it comes to searching for the best online schools for early childhood education, you'll be presented with countless choices. Below are some criteria to look for when deciding if an online school is good enough for your child:
- First and foremost, is the school accredited by either the United States Department of Education (DoEd) or the nonprofit Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)?
- Does the school offer financial aid packages?
- Does the school offer a trial demo class period?
- What is the average class size?
- What is peer-to-peer interaction like?
- What is student-to-instructor interaction like?
DoNotPay Can Help You in Numerous Other Ways as Well
The DoNotPay platform has further expanded to include products that help you obtain:
And much more. DoNotPay also offers a Free Trial Card, giving you a virtual debit card number that you can use to sign up for free online trials. The benefit is that the virtual card will automatically decline any further charges once the free trial period has ended. DoNotPay today to learn more about other awesome products we offer and all the ways we can help even the playing field.