How to Delete Your Musical.ly Account
It has been nearly six years since Musical.ly hit the market and made a splash. Unfortunately, it failed to maintain its popularity and would meet its finale only a few short years after.
It may have you wondering after all this time.
The answer is simple. You can do it yourself (although it would require a significant amount of your time and effort), or you can use DoNotPay to do it for you. All you have to do is fill out a few details, and DoNotPay will have the job done in minutes. Even better, DoNotPay can also take care of other old accounts, including but not limited to eHarmony and Uber.
Why You Should Delete Your Musical.ly Account
Like any old account, it's essential to learn since it's no longer in use. While Musical.ly peaked in popularity around 2015 for its unique mix of social media, music, and self-expression in videos, there have since been more successful platforms on the market. It has led to the downfall of Musical.ly and its eventual merger with TikTok.
Out With the Old, In With the New
If you didn't already know, your Musical.ly account transferred to TikTok. It is likely because more users have migrated to the new platform over the older (and honestly, more outdated) short-clip video-making platform.
It can become problematic for those who forgot about their Musical.ly accounts and created new accounts with TikTok. If you're also a user that has acquired a substantial following, this inconvenience may confuse your audience and lead some users to the old account where you're not active.
Deleting your old account will eliminate any potential for that confusion.
How to Delete Your Musical.ly Account on Your Own
Even if you remember your Musical.ly username and password, you will not be able to access your old TikTok videos on the platform anymore. You will have to work with TikTok to complete the task.
To do it without logging into your Muscial.ly (now TikTok) account, you can fill out a form to get the account removed:
Fill out the form on TikTok by providing your email, describing the action you want to take (i.e., deleting your old Muscial.ly account), and then submitting it to the support team.
This option will require some wait time between filling out the form and waiting for a response. You may also want to consider going in and deleting your account yourself if you remember your username and password:
- Sign in to your Muscial.ly account in TikTok.
- Go to your profile by clicking on it at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You will then see a 3-lined icon on the top right — select it.
- Click on 'Manage Account' and choose 'Delete Account.'
- The site or app will guide you through the confirmation processing for deleting your account.
You should note that while these steps will be the same for the website and app, you should not assume your account is deleted just because you deleted the app. You must delete your account before you delete the app to remove it.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.
|Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
How and Why You Should Delete Your Musical.ly Account With DoNotPay
If you're looking for a better way to close your Musical.ly account and others, there's no better solution than DoNotPay's Delete Accounts product. Not only is DoNotPay the fastest solution for taking down up to hundreds of old accounts, but we're quicker than any alternative, and you can count on us to get the job done without any significant effort on your part.
There's not enough time in the day to complete the many tasks already on your schedule. Let DoNotPay take care of this task and more for you, so you can get back to doing what you love.
In just seven steps, DoNotPay will have your Music.ly account and other old accounts deleted:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That Isn't All DoNotPay Can Do for You
There's a good chance that you have other old accounts to delete as well, and DoNotPay can help. Aside from deleting your Musical.ly account for you, DoNotPay can also delete your:
- Email account (i.e., Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)
- eCommerce platforms (i.e., Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, etc.)
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Money transaction accounts (Paypal, Venmo, etc.), and more.
It doesn't stop there, though. We can also do much more than delete your accounts for you. We can take care of: