How To Delete WeChat Account Easily
The need to keep in touch has seen a proliferation in social media messaging apps, with WeChat being one such popular messaging app. The Tencent-owned app supports basic texting, voice calling, and picture messaging, in addition to allowing you to call international landlines at a lower rate.
Despite the convenience that comes with its use, you probably wouldn't know , especially if you forgot the password. DoNotPay is aware of the frustration this might put you through and has a Delete Account product that allows you to delete every trace of your data from the site even when you've forgotten the login credentials.
Reasons to Delete Your WeChat Account
Retaining an serves no purpose. In any case, it places your data at risk of being stolen since the account is inactive and therefore unmonitored. Deleting old accounts that you no longer use is thus one of the ways to protect your data.
Concerns that the platform is not end-to-end encrypted and poses your information at risk of being accessed by third parties may also motivate you to delete the account altogether.
How to Delete the WeChat Account on Your Own
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Here are the steps to delete your WeChat from the app:
- Log in to your WeChat account
- Tap the me option
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and tap the settings icon.
- Choose the account security option
- Tap the WeChat security center
- Tap account cancellation
To delete via email:
- Sign in to the email associated with your WeChat account
- Enter the email recipient as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT as the subject of the email
- Compose the actual message highlighting your need to delete the account and remove all your personal information from the platform. Include your account details such as the WeChat ID and phone number to, fasten the process
- Click on send to have the email delivered.
Issues You Might Run Into When Deleting Your WeChat Account
Deleting the account will not be as straightforward if you have forgotten the password and the recovery phone number or email. It will also take time before the company staff gets back to you, depending on the user traffic they are experiencing on their platforms. You may thus opt to recover your account password through DoNotPay to complete the process.
How to Delete Your WeChat Account With the Help of DoNotPay
Alternatively, you could have delete the account altogether by following these 7 easy steps.
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the WeChat Account Account Deletion Problem
You will likely enjoy the following benefits by using DoNotPay to delete your account. First and foremost, it’s fast and easy. Second, it’s successful across many different platforms, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you delete your online account is not the only thing we do. We can also assist you:
- Appeal banned accounts
- Put an end to spam email
- Get free trials without getting charged
- File a complaint against any company
- Return purchased items
DoNotPay is the one-stop for most of your processing concerns. Whatever it is, try us. We may have just what you need.