How to Delete Your ProtonMail Account
Internet security and privacy is a hot-button issue, and that's one reason many users sign up for ProtonMail. The service touts stringent Swiss privacy laws and a commitment to preserving civil liberties by protecting privacy rights. The service offers free and subscription-based options based on your needs. However, many users report difficulties closing their ProtonMail accounts, leading them to learn .
And, if you've signed up for one of their three paid account versions, you might be banned from accessing information in your account and unable to delete your account to avoid future charges, too.
How to Delete Your ProtonMail Account Permanently Online With a Password
Learning involves several steps.
- Log into your ProtonMail account with your username and password.
- Navigate to the settings button on the top right of the page
- Click "Go To Settings" to open up the sidebar.
- Click "Password & Security"
- Find "Delete your account" at the bottom and click.
- Select the reason for deleting, provide feedback, and enter your email and password.
- Important: Select "Yes, I want to permanently delete this account and all its data" to remove everything associated with this account.
Note the process of account deletion is not immediate. ProtonMail takes up to two weeks to complete.
How to Delete Your ProtonMail Account Permanently Without Password
If you've forgotten your password, according to ProtonMail, you can reach out to their customer service, but you will need to provide adequate proof of your identity and that you are the owner of the account before they help reset the password.
How to Delete Your ProtonMail Account When It Has Been Blocked
As mentioned, hundreds of users report their ProtonMail accounts being banned without understanding why. The general response to these claims from ProtonMail is to reiterate their Terms and Conditions. It can lead to sensitive information and data being left on the web, with no way to delete it.
If you have sensitive account information such as banking, crypto, or other personal financial information, you will not be able to access it.
If your account was disabled through no fault of your own, you can reach out to their support team to explain the problem. Someone will review your unique case and determine if the account was disabled in error. If it is determined to be a mistake, your email account will be restored, and you can then move forward to delete your account following the above steps.
If, however, your account is not restored, you may need help deleting it.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.
|Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
How DoNotPay Helps Delete Your ProtonMail Account
To avoid the frustration of having to go through hours of waiting and dropped phone calls, DoNotPay will use their years of experience and expertise to ensure your ProtonMail account is deleted. If you want help simply gaining access to your ProtonMail account, DoNotPay also offers password recovery, subscription management, and unban my account services.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That's it! You can rest easy knowing your ProtonMail account has been officially closed.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your ProtonMail Account?
Three simple reasons:
- Fast - DoNotPay saves you hours (and headaches), so you can focus on other things without worry.
- Easy - You won't have to worry about filling out forms or spending hours on hold with no results.
- Versatile - DoNotPay will apply their experience to get your situation resolved as quickly as possible, whether it's password recovery, unbanning your ProtonMail account, or completely deleting it.
Other Accounts DoNotPay Helps Delete
DoNotPay is proud to assist in deleting unwanted or unused accounts such as:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Deleting your ProtonMail account is just one of many things DoNotPay helps with. From fighting traffic tickets to neighbor complaints and more, DoNotPay is there to help you tackle some of the most tedious legal tasks there are. today!