How To Delete An Old DirecTV Account And Make A New Account
Deleting old, unused accounts is an important part of online safety. Leaving your information on the web unguarded is known to be dangerous for data security.
Deleting accounts is often easier said than done, however, for a variety of reasons. You may have forgotten your log-in information, or you may not have access to your recovery phone number or email.
If you want to , for example, you will likely need to jump through quite a few hoops to do that before you can make a new one. Now there's a new resource at your disposal to help you delete your old DirecTV account. That resource is DoNotPay.
How to Delete Your DirectTV Account on Your Own
Deleting accounts on your own is often not an easy task, and DirecTV is no exception. There is no simple, online way to delete your DirecTV account. Instead, the company advises you to contact them if you wish to do so. If you reach a DirecTV representative, they can fill you in on the documentation that you would need to provide to start the process of deleting your account.
The company provides three ways to contact them on their website. These are as follows:
The phone number to contact DirecTV to discuss deleting your account is 800-531-5000. Billing and account representatives are available from 8 a.m. until midnight ET. If those times are not convenient for you to call, you will need to look for an alternative method to get your account deleted.
By Social Media
You can try contacting the company by sending a direct message to them via their Twitter or Facebook handles. Find them on Twitter with @DirecTV or on Facebook at facebook.com/directv.
Representatives of DirecTV are also available via chat.
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Delete Your DirecTV Account Using DoNotPay
Trying to by contacting the company through the above methods may or may not work for you. The company has every incentive to hang onto your data as long as possible.
Another approach to getting your DirecTV account deleted is to use DoNotPay. DoNotPay can act as an advocate for you when you're trying to delete an old account such as a DirecTV account and find yourself running into roadblocks with the company.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete My Old DirecTV Account?
DoNotPay can assist you in exercising your rights related to your accounts and data. If you make use of our Delete Old Accounts product, we'll get some information from you to verify account ownership. Then we'll send a demand letter to the company for you, letting them know that you wish to delete your account and associated data. We make sure you can exercise all the rights granted to you by data privacy laws.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help With Old Accounts?
There are many other ways in which DoNotPay can assist you with old accounts as well. These include the following:
- Perhaps you would be able to delete an account if you could only remember its password. DoNotPay's Recover Password product can assist you with that.
- If you don't want to delete your account completely but simply wish to manage your subscription, DoNotPay is also here to help you with those needs. Look up our Manage Subscriptions product to learn more.
- If you've been banned from an account for some reason, DoNotPay can act as your advocate to get yourself unbanned.
There are so many ways in which DoNotPay can help you with your account needs.
What Other Kinds of Accounts Can DoNotPay Help Me Delete?
DoNotPay can help you delete all sorts of accounts, not just your DirectTV account. Here are just a few examples of other accounts that DoNotPay can assist you with deleting:
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete My DirecTV Account?
DoNotPay will leave no legal stone unturned in helping you exercise your data and privacy rights. That said, we won't take an excessive amount of time to do so. DoNotPay is
Give DoNotPay a try today to see all the ways it can help you deal with the bureaucracy in your life!