How to Delete Ingress Account Easily
If you are a fan of Ingress, the most popular augmented reality game on Android and IOS, you might have bumped into a bit of a problem. Maybe you don't have enough time for the game, or you just don't want to play it anymore and are looking for tips on .
Deleting an inactive or old Ingress account is a surefire way to protect your online data from leakage. However, deleting an Ingress account isn't as straightforward as deleting other apps like Facebook, Instagram, or Yahoo. This guide covers how you can delete your Ingress account easily with DoNotPay.
How to Delete an Ingress Account on Your Own
If you no longer want an Ingress account, you can delete it yourself by following these simple steps:
- Open the Ingress app from your device and log in using your code name and password
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of your screen and select "Settings" from the menu
- Now, go to the very bottom of the list and select "Help & feedback."
- On this page, tap on "Delete my account."
- Fill in the form that pops up on your screen and press "Delete account."
- You can also contact Ingress support to permanently delete and remove your account from their servers.
Ingress profile deletions are irreversible, and unfortunately, you can't reuse the same email and codename again. Once you confirm the deletion, your Ingress profile will be deleted from the servers within five days.
Can I Delete With — A Summary
requires you to log in with your account credentials. If you have forgotten your password, DoNotPay can help recover your password to proceed with the deletion request. We can also appeal your account ban and cancel all your subscriptions to avoid a future charge.
Reasons to Delete Your Ingress Account
When registering for an Ingress account, Niantic collects several details, including your email address, full name, state, and country. Leaving this information online poses a risk of a data breach. Some of the reasons why you may want to delete your Ingress account include:
- Forgotten login credentials
- Spam mails
- Account bans and suspensions
- Unwanted membership charges
- Disgruntled players
- Personal data leakage
How Hard Is It to Delete an Ingress Account
While deleting an Ingress account is an excellent way to protect your data and information online, there are several issues you might encounter when deleting your account.
- You need to remember your login credentials to delete the account. It's impossible to delete your account without logging in first.
- Niantic doesn't allow you to reuse the same email address in your account. So, if you want to delete your Ingress profile and create a new one, you'll need to provide a different email address.
- Deleting your Ingress account is irreversible, and there's no turning back. Once you press the "delete account" button, your profile and all the data associated with it will be deleted within five days.
- If you have any suspended or banned accounts, you will not be able to delete your account until the suspension is lifted.
Next Steps for Deleting Your Ingress Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
From the above sections, it's possible to delete an Ingress account on your own. However, the process can be lengthy and frustrating when you have to remember login credentials. If you have forgotten your password, it's time to turn the job over to DoNotPay.
DoNotPay offers a super-easy way to delete your Ingress account without any of the hassles. We can help you recover your forgotten password, cancel all subscriptions, and even appeal your account ban. You need to provide us with a few basic details, and we will handle the rest.
Delete Your Old Accounts with the Help of DoNotPay
Deleting your old accounts, including Ingress, Uber, Amazon, AOL, eHarmony, PayPal, Venmo, and Gmail, doesn't have to be complicated. DoNotPay will help you delete your old and inactive accounts and help you recover forgotten passwords to help with the process.
How to delete old accounts using DoNotPay:
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Old Accounts
There are several reasons why you should use DoNotPay to delete your old accounts:
- Fast. With DoNotPay, you don't need to spend hours trying to delete your old accounts on your own.
- Easy. We make the process easy, so you don't have to remember your login info. You also don't need to fill out lengthy forms.
- Successful. DoNotPay has a high success rate, so rest assured we will be able to help you delete your old accounts.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Deleting an Ingress account is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. Other issues you can use DoNotPay for include: