How to Delete Your Fortnite Account The Easy Way
Fortnite is a widely popular multiplayer online game allowing players to collaborate with friends to build their worlds and battle to be the last one standing. Epic Games developed and published the free game, and it is available on top gaming consoles, mobile, PCs, and Macs. With Fortnite nestled under the Epic Games umbrella, learning is more complex than removing other online accounts. However, if you are not going to use your Fortnite and Epic Games account regularly, deleting the online gaming account is a great way to reduce the risk of having your data compromised.
Abandoned and unused accounts are most prone to data breaches and information theft because old accounts are often unmonitored. Therefore, deleting your old online accounts can help protect your data and reduce being targeted by data leaks. Since companies do not want to see you leave their platform, many make the deletion process complex and frustrating to complete. Luckily, DoNotPay can help. Understanding the varying methods used for deleting accounts, we make deleting your Fortnite and other online accounts simple.
Aside from deleting your Fortnite account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Common Ways to Delete a Fortnite Account
If you want to learn and any associated digital purchases made with the account, you must remove the associated Epic Games account. However, some Fortnite players may not realize they have an Epic Games account since it is created when playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4. Therefore, deleting your account can be confusing if you're unsure of the login to access your Epic Games account. For those who can log into the Epic Games account used for playing Fortnite, follow the steps below to remove it from the company's website.
- Go to the Epic Games website and click the sign-in button.
- Using your associated email address and password login to access your account.
- Hover over your username and choose "General Settings" under the "Account" header.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find a delete account option.
- Choose "Request Account Delete" to begin the deletion process.
- Check your email to get a security code for the Epic Games account deletion request.
- Enter the emailed code in the pop-up window from your Epic Games account when prompted to remove your Fortnite account.
- Your account will become disabled after 15 seconds.
- Alternatively, you can submit a request to delete an Epic Games account using the Contact Us form on their website if you can’t access the associated email for verification. To do so, you should provide any information to prove you're the account owner or have the authority to close the account.
- The account is removed within 14 days after submitting the Fortnite delete request.
Since the deletion of your Fortnite account includes deleting in-game progress and purchases, you want to ensure it is the right move before processing the permanent, irreversible action. If you change your mind 14 days after submitting the delete request, you can cancel your account deletion request by logging into your Epic Games account and clicking the "Reactivate Account" in the pop-up window.
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Issues With Deleting Your Fortnite Account
Since deleting your Fortnite account requires deleting your Epic Games account, it can be confusing to figure out how to do it on your own. If you can navigate the steps to begin the deletion process, you may run into problems accessing your account. The four common issues people run into when deleting a Fortnite account are:
- You don't know the email or password to log into your Epic Games account.
- You are trying to delete an old account for a loved one or child without login credentials.
- You cannot access the recovery email to enter the security code required to process the account deletion.
- Internal Service Error: If you continue receiving the error after several attempts at different times, you must open a support ticket with Epic Games.
Reasons to Delete Your Fortnite Account
From taking a break from gaming to personal security concerns, there are several reasons why gamers permanently remove their Epic Games account.
When creating an Epic Games account, you provide basic information, including:
- Display Name
- Country You Live In
- Email Address
- Payment Information (when completing a paid transaction within the game)
Other information collected when playing Fortnite and other activities under Epic Services include:
- Application/device used for playing Fortnite
- Length of playtime
- Game Progress
- IP address
- Internet service provider
With your Epic Games account containing all the above personal data, when taking an extended break from the service, the risk of security breaches on your account can increase. Therefore, successfully removing your unneeded account is essential to protect your data. Besides the data security concerns of old accounts, some former Fortnite players choose to delete their Epic Games account because:
- Lost game progress
- Account set to inactive with no explanation
- Unexpected account charges
- A large number of spam emails
- Poor customer service
DoNotPay Is the Easy Answer for Deleting an Epic Games Account For Fortnite Players
While deleting your Fortnite account can be time-consuming on your own, it can be nearly impossible if you've forgotten the password or email associated with your Epic Games account. DoNotPay takes the hassle out of removing your Fortnite account even if you don't have your password handy.
If you want to delete unused Fortnite accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Contact DoNotPay to remove your Fortnite account and other online gaming accounts with less frustration and in less time.
What Else DoNotPay Can Do
Account deletion is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. city