How to Delete a Chegg Account Permanently
Chegg is an online platform that gives you homework help after subscription. The homework help is through two channels; looking for answers in books found in Chegg databases or through professionals found on the site―an excellent tool for personal studies.
If you no longer use your account, you should learn . To close it, you need to contact the company directly, file a request, and wait for a response.
Contacting the official Chegg support team might take you longer than necessary. DoNotPay is a platform that can help you delete your Chegg account within a short time without directly contacting the company. Sign up on the DoNotPay website, provide your Chegg log-in details and sit back. Your account will be deleted in minutes.
Aside from deleting your Chegg account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
How to Delete a Chegg Account on Your Own
There is a difference between deleting a Chegg account and canceling the subscription. Canceling the subscription retains your account, but you will have no access to premium services. You, however, can continue using the free services offered.
You can reactivate your account at any time by paying for a new subscription.
Deleting the account erases your data on the platform. If you need to use Chegg again, you will have to sign up afresh. There are steps you should take before learning . These are:
- Check if you have any active subscription, textbook, or E-book rental.
- Unsubscribe from the active subscriptions
- If you have a rented EBook, you will have to wait till the renting period is over.
There are two ways you can delete your Chegg account, including; via email and the Chegg website.
|How to Delete Chegg Account via Email
You can send this email from any address you own, so long as you provide the details of your Chegg account, i.e., username and registered email address.
|How to Delete Chegg Account via Chegg Website
Why Should You Delete Your Chegg Account?
Creating accounts online puts your personal information at risk. Deleting such accounts erases your information in company databases, thus increasing your security online.
If your Chegg account is inactive and no longer in use, you should delete it. Here are a couple of reasons why:
- Protect your identity
- Protect your information from third-party access
- To prevent spam marketing emails
- To protect your privacy
What if I Forgot My Password?
You cannot manipulate your Chegg account if you have forgotten your login password. If you have forgotten your password, here is a process to help you retrieve it:
- Sign in to your account with the registered details.
- Click the “Forgot my password” tab at the bottom of the window.
- Enter your Chegg email address.
- Click the “I am not a robot” checkbox.
- Click reset password.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
You, however, do not need to go through that long process. DoNotPay can help you retrieve your password easily through the password recovery tool. By simply signing up and providing your log-in details, DoNotPay retrieves your password in a snap.
How to Delete a Chegg Account With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay provides you with a better alternative for deleting accounts you no longer need within minutes.
If you want to delete old accounts but don’t know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete a Chegg Account
DoNotPay is an automatic, safe, and fast way to delete your Chegg account. The platform simplifies the long process of contacting the Chegg company by deleting your account quickly.
Sign up on the DoNotPay website, provide your Chegg details, and your account will be deleted in a snap.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is a platform dedicated to automating all your troublesome processes. We work with all government entities, private companies, and service providers to help you access services faster and conveniently just from your browser.
Here is a list of services you get by signing up to DoNotPay:
- Contact Government Representatives
- Connect With an Inmate
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Get Free Trials & Don’t Get Charged
- Online Fax