How to Delete an Apple Music Account Easily
It is more important than ever to take control of your online footprint in a digital world. If you are like thousands of other internet users in the United States, you probably have more than a dozen accounts on various platforms, including music streaming sites and applications like Apple Music.
If you want to know because of inactivity or a data breach, be aware that the process is often more complicated than it seems. Read on to learn how to delete your account in a simple and fast way in managing your online presence.
Aside from deleting your Apple Music account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Why You Should Consider Deleting Your Apple Music Account
Apple Music is a music subscription service that allows you to listen to your favorite music. You can download and create special playlists and listen ad-free for a small fee. Apple Music is a popular streaming service, but there are some valid reasons why you might want to know .
- You have experienced any online data breach or hack.
- You are not using your Apple Music anymore
- You want to start from scratch and set up a new Apple Music account on a different device.
How to Delete an Apple Music Account on Your Own
There are a few ways to delete an Apple Music account on your own.
|Contact Apple Music customer service by phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE.
|If you reach out to Apple Music by phone, be prepared to supply your account information to the associate. You might have to wait a while on hold before getting in touch with an actual employee. Apple Music relies primarily on automated systems to handle incoming calls from customers. Once you get an associate on the phone, have your email address that is tied to your Apple Music account ready, as well as your name, payment method that is tied to your account, and other contact information.
|Request to have your account closed by contacting Apple Music support online.
|If you want to delete your Apple Music account through the online live chat or email feature, go to the Apple Music support page. You can send an email formally requesting that your Apple Music account be closed or open a live chat and ask the representative to close your account. With either of these options, be prepared to provide your account information, including the account number on your Apple Music account and the email address that is tied to your account.
|Try closing your account via the Apple Music app.
|You can also try to delete your Apple Music account through the app. Go to your "Account info" tab and enter your password to access your account information. Then go to the tab that says "Subscriptions" and click "Manage Account." From there, you will be presented with options to edit your membership, including canceling your subscription. Once you confirm this, you will not be billed again once the next billing cycle rolls around.
Issues You Might Face When Deleting an Apple Music Account
While you might be successful in deleting your Apple Music account through any of the above methods, there are some issues that you could experience.
- If you don't remember your password or the email address tied to your Apple Music account, you won't be able to log into your Apple Music account and delete it from there. You will have to reach out directly to Apple and ask them to reset your information for you.
- If you recently signed up for an Apple Music account and are still using a free trial, you might have difficulties deleting your account information.
It can be very stressful to get an Apple Music account deleted. You could spend hours on the phone explaining your situation to support or discussing account information over live chat. Fortunately, there's an easier solution. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful way to get your Apple Music account deleted, helping you manage your online footprint and protect your privacy.
Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Apple Music Account
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Helps You Maintain Your Privacy Online
Deleting old accounts can be stressful, and once you learn how to delete an Apple Music account, you might be tempted to walk away from the process entirely. Turn to DoNotPay to contact Apple Music on your behalf, helping you get your account shut down and saving you from potential data breaches and hacks. DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful.