How to Delete an Old OneDrive Account Easily
We all have accounts we hardly ever use, but some websites and applications make deleting such accounts almost impossible. For this reason, ignoring them is much easier than having to go through the hassle of deleting them. But did you know these old accounts pose a security threat? Because they are rarely monitored, they expose your data, financial information, and files to online hackers.
OneDrive accounts are some of the most critical online accounts because they contain personal data, usually synced with different devices. Learning how to will keep you safe from potential security breaches.
However, deleting these accounts can be hectic, especially if you have forgotten your login credentials. What is more, some companies make this process harder than it should be so that you cannot opt-out. The good news, nevertheless, is that you can now take advantage of DoNotPay's Delete Old Accounts product, an efficient tool that helps you delete old and dormant online accounts such as:
Reasons to Delete Your OneDrive Account
You will probably want to if:
- You are no longer using Microsoft Apps
- You have more than one Microsoft account
- You want to avoid security breaches
- You want to free up your computer space.
How to Delete a OneDrive Account on Your Own
Before deleting an old OneDrive account, you should:
- Save your old files to another account
- Cancel all your Microsoft subscriptions
- Notify your OneDrive collaborators that you intend to close your account.
To delete a OneDrive account from your computer, follow the following steps
- Head on to Microsoft's "Close your account" page.
- Sign in to the account you want to close.
- Go through the list and select the checkboxes once you feel ready.
- Give the reason you wish to close your account
- Select "Mark account for closure."
It is worth noting that you will be given a window period of 90 days to re-activate your account if you change your mind.
Challenges of Deleting a OneDrive Account
The following are some of the challenges you may encounter when deleting your old OneDrive account:
- You may have forgotten your login details. Recovering old passwords can be a lengthy process.
- Recovering your email and password is also frustrating.
- You may need to contact customer care for clarification. It may take a while.
Next steps for Deleting a OneDrive Account if You Are Unable to Do It Yourself
As mentioned above, you will encounter many challenges when deleting your old OneDrive account. You might need to use a service that helps you navigate this process easily. It is why DoNotPay is here. DoNotPay can contact the service provider for you and demand for your account to be deleted based on the rights you're entitled to under consumer data privacy laws.
We have years of experience handling customer service issues, and helping resolve problems with online accounts is no exception. Through our Delete Old Accounts product, we'll ask you a few questions regarding your account and collect information to help verify your account ownership. Once your case is ready to go, we'll submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
Delete Your OneDrive Account With DoNotPay
Do you want to delete your dormant OneDrive account but do not know where to start? Relax, because DoNotPay has got you covered in seven easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Reasons to Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Old OneDrive Account
There are many reasons why you should use DoNotPay to delete your old accounts:
- DoNotPay is fast - you waste no time figuring out how to go about the process or dealing with unresponsive customer care representatives.
- DoNotPay is easy - the platform has a user-friendly interface.
- DoNotPay is successful - you can relax and trust that DoNotPay will do all the hard work for you.
What Other Services Can DoNotPay Offer?
In addition to helping you delete old accounts, DoNotPay can help you solve many other issues such as:
- Helping you appeal a banned account
- Helping you fight email spam
- Helping you get free trials
- Helping you with item return requests
- Helping you file a complaint
Why wait any longer? Use today and enjoy all the services the platform has to offer.