How to Delete a Dashlane Account Easily
Dashlane is a popular password manager that lets you save passwords and logins as you browse. It comes with an auto-fill feature for online forms. But if you wish to shift to alternatives like Lastpass, you might want to delete a Dashlane account.
But the deletion process isn't always as straightforward as you'd expect it to be. It is especially true if you can't access the account or remember the login details. And if you are among the 30% of Americans who find resetting passwords as hard as retiring, you understand why this can be a problem.
You don't have to struggle with resetting your passwords or contacting Dashlane support to . DoNotPay can take care of this for you to focus on things that matter. DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer that helps solve online account issues, like deleting accounts.
Aside from deleting your Dashlane account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Why Should I Delete My Dashlane Account?
With all the frustrations of deleting some accounts, it's easy to leave yours hanging online. However, if you don’t want to , it may expose you to potential attacks. Remember, your Dashlane account contains your passwords, financial information, and other personal details. The last thing you want is for it to end up in the wrong hands. Other than that, you may also delete the Dashlane account when:
- The owner dies, and you wish to tie loose ends.
- You don't want to deal with unwanted charges.
- You've had it with spam emails.
- You're locked out of your account.
How Do I Delete My Dashlane Account?
You can delete a Dashlane account on your own by following these steps:
- Uninstall Dashlane from your computer.
- Open the Dashlane Account Deletion page.
- Enter Dashlane Login.
- Select the reason for deleting your account from the drop-down.
- Click Continue to Step 2. Dashlane will email a confirmation code, then;
- Enter the code and click Delete my account.
If you've enabled 2FA to protect your Dashlane account, you'll need to use a code generated by your two-factor authentication app to complete the process. If you don't have access to the app or device you used to set up 2FA, you can disable 2FA using backup code or receive more backup codes for 2FA on your backup phone.
From the look of things, it can get complicated quickly. However, it doesn't have to be the case. DoNotPay exists to take such stress out of the process. DoNotPay will help you delete the account with a few clicks.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register to the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
How Does DoNotPay Help Delete My Dashlane Account?
DoNotPay takes the stress out of the account deletion process. With our Delete Old Account product, we can help you to delete your Dashlane account. All you need to do is:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That's it. DoNotPay will take care of the rest. We will submit a demand letter to Dashlane, verifying your account ownership and asking for your account to be deleted. We'll also request the deletion of all your data linked to the account according to the GDPR, VCDPA, and CCPA privacy laws. You can expect to get an email from Dashlane with further details regarding your account deletion.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay to Delete Dashlane Account?
Deleting your Dashlane account can be easy or hard, depending on factors like account access, ownership, multi-factor authentication, etc. If you have no problem logging into your account, you can quickly delete the account yourself.
However, if you are dealing with another person's account or can't access your account for one reason or the other, DoNotPay is your best bet at getting it done fast and efficiently. DoNotPay is:
- Fast— Complete the entire process with a few clicks. No need to follow tons of instructions that lead to the same results.
- Easy—No need to struggle with resetting passwords or contacting Dashlane representatives. And the best part is you can do it all from the comfort of your home.
- Successful—Relax knowing your Dashlane account will be deleted permanently.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Deleting your Dashlane account is just one of their services. DoNotPay can help you accomplish a range of other tasks across vast groups, companies, and entities. We can help you delete social media, email, gaming, and streaming service accounts, as well as other services, including:
- Appeal banned account
- Take Down Personal Information
- Spam collection
- Freedom of Information Act
- File a complaint
- Find Unclaimed Money
- Item return requests
- Fight Email Spam
- Free trials
- Credit Cards
- Stalking and Harassment
today to delete your Dashlane account fast. Our team will be ready to help you resolve your account issues, as well as any other bureaucracy or corporation problems, with a tap of a button.