How to Appeal Commerce Bank Overdraft Fees With DoNotPay
Even if you love your bank, chances are, you have to pay some sort of unexpected and annoying fee every year. Overdraft fees account for a significant portion of banking fees every year, potentially adding up to hundreds of dollars in fees per customer. If you have had enough of paying overdraft fees, you have options.
can be annoying and expensive. If you want to appeal those fees on your own, this guide will help you understand how to do so. Additionally, you will learn how to use DoNotPay, the fast, easy, and convenient solution for banking fees, to appeal your Commerce Bank overdraft fees with just the click of a button.
What Is an Overdraft Fee?
Overdraft fees are levied against customers when the available balance in your checking account isn't sufficient to handle a transaction. , as one of the major financial institutions in the United States, has a very specific way of handling overdrafts. Commerce Bank has been in business for over 150 years, according to the bank's website, and provides solutions for personal and business banking, as well as general wealth management.
How Does Commerce Bank Handle Overdraft Fees?
The Commerce Bank website details how the institution handles overdraft fees, as well as ways that customers can avoid incurring those fees. Notably, there are two separate ways to obtain checking account Overdraft Services:
- Check Plus Overdraft Protection. It is an Overdraft Cash Advance from a Commerce Bank credit card to cover any Commerce Bank checking account overdrafts. Funds will be deposited directly into your checking account for a fee.
- Overdraft Transfer. This is a transfer from another Commerce checking, savings, or money market account (linked account) that you designate to cover Commerce Bank checking account overdrafts.
Both of these services come with certain fees according to the Commerce Bank website.
- Check Plus Overdraft Protection has a Cash Advance fee, which is 5% with a $10 minimum, plus Interest at the Cash Advance rate, which begins accruing on the day of the Cash Advance.
- Overdraft Transfers cost $13 per transfer.
Get Commerce Bank Fees Waived on Your Own
These Commerce Bank overdraft fees can really add up over time. In fact, you could spend hundreds of dollars on overdraft fees alone, which can add to your overall stress and cause your financial well-being to take a hit. If you want to appeal these on your own, here are some things that you can try:
- Call Commerce Bank customer service. The first thing that you can do to try to overturn your Commerce Bank overdraft fees is to reach out to customer service. To do this, call 1-800-453-2265 and explain your financial situation to the representative over the phone. If applicable, you can reference any particular legal statutes that might protect you from accruing hidden fees and charges. If you feel uncomfortable reaching out over the phone, you can send an email or fax to your nearest Commerce Bank branch, explaining the situation and stating that you want your overdraft fees paid back to you.
- Visit a Commerce Bank branch in person. Another option for appealing Commerce Bank overdraft fees is to visit the Commerce Bank branch nearest you and speak to a representative in person. While this is time-consuming, it does sometimes help to speak to someone in person. You might find it necessary to call ahead and make an appointment, setting up a meeting rather than walking up to the window and hoping that a representative is free to chat. Explain the situation to the representative and make it clear that you don't feel like overdraft fees are fair.
Either of these options might result in success - but both are stressful and could take a great deal of time, especially if you choose to visit a bank branch in person. The best solution for appealing unfair bank fees is DoNotPay, the fast, easy, and successful way to handle Commerce Bank overdraft fees.
Use DoNotPay to Overturn Your Commerce Bank Overdraft Fees
How to Get Commerce Bank overdraft fees waived with DoNotPay
If you want to Get Commerce Bank overdraft fees waived with DoNotPay but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
That's it! DoNotPay will handle the next steps, reaching out to the bank on your behalf and helping you get the money that you deserve.
DoNotPay Helps You Get Back the Money You Deserve
is your one-stop solution for getting all your unfair bank fees waived, including Commerce Bank overdraft fees. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, and successful way to handle those fees, saving you time, money, and frustration.
DoNotPay also works across all financial institutions and services seamlessly like:
|Bank of America overdraft fees||Chase Bank||Fifth Third Bank overdraft fees||Citizens Bank overdraft fees|
|Bank of America||Paypal||Wells Fargo||TD Bank|
Don't spend hours on the phone trying to appeal your case - turn to DoNotPay for all your banking fees needs.