Coinbase Account Unfairly Frozen? Here's How To Fix It Fast
Do you know if you invested just $100 in crypto when Satoshi Nakamoto released his paper in 2008, your investment would be worth millions now? Even though you invested in crypto recently, you can still enjoy some pretty green; until you witness your Coinbase account frozen.
Freezing at this moment and attempting multiple log-ins won't help, but DoNotPay can. Our product can help you regain access to your account and funds. Further, solve crypto-related issues such as Binance locked funds, stuck Gemini funds, disabled KuCoin withdrawals, and stress-free Coinbase Pro withdrawals.
Get to Know Coinbase Better
Founded in 2012, Coinbase is an online digital currency exchange platform that enables investors to trade in over 100 cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, and Cardano. The high trading fees and poor customer service while resolving user accounts frozen haven't barred the over 100 million verified users in over 100 countries from using the platform.
Coinbase has built a rapport as one of the most friendly crypto exchange platforms, making it easy for beginner investors or users who aren't tech-savvy. Setting up your account is super easy as all you need is:
- Be 18 years and above
- A government-provided photo ID
- A smartphone or computer with functioning internet access and an updated web browser
- A working phone number for SMS verification
The platform further promises an environment similar to online brokerage, providing access through desktop, iOS, and Android platforms. Coinbase has distinct platforms (Normal Coinbase and Coinbase Pro) and Coinbase Wallet, a standalone crypto wallet.
I Want to Cash Out My Funds on Coinbase. What Do I Do?
Even though you are battling a Coinbase account frozen, it won't hurt to learn how to withdraw your funds once you regain access to your accounts and funds. Withdrawing funds from Coinbase requires a two-step approach as follows:
Sell Crypto on Coinbase
- Navigate your web browser to Coinbase and access your account.
- From the home tab, click "Buy/Sell."
- Choose the asset you wish to trade and enter the amount.
- Click "Sell Now" to finalize this transaction.
Cash Out Your Funds
Once you've sold your preferred crypto and your funds are ready;
- Under Assets, select your cash balance.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and then continue.
- Pick your payment method and click continue.
- Finalize your transaction by clicking "Cash Out Now."
Add a Payment Method on Coinbase
Coinbase supports several payment methods–debit/credit card, bank transfers, and PayPal–that you can use to receive your funds. To add these payment methods:
- Access your Coinbase account.
- Click on your account profile picture and choose "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Head to Payment Methods and click "Link a New Account." A dialogue box on your screen will indicate the available payment methods.
- Choose your preferred payment method and verify the addition accordingly.
It's vital to note that these payment methods are available depending on your specific location.
How Long Does It Take for Me to Receive My Funds From Coinbase?
Once your Coinbase account frozen issue gets resolved, you might want to withdraw your funds. The time your funds will take to get to you after withdrawing depends on your location and withdrawal means:
|U.S.A||1-5 business days after placing the withdrawal request|
|European countries||1-2 business days (with SEPA transfer)|
|UK||one business day as your Coinbase account stores your local currency|
|Canada||1-5 business days|
Reasons for the Inability to Withdraw Funds From Coinbase
A Coinbase account frozen is the leading reason why you might be unable to withdraw your funds. Nevertheless, it's not the only reason. If you are unable to your funds, it could be because:
- You failed to complete the Coinbase user verification process, breaking the platform's KYC policy
- Your account has been flagged for suspicious activity, such as money laundering
- Court directives and injunctions barring you from accessing your account and funds
- Severe network congestions and outages
- You violated the platform's policies
- Cybersecurity issues
- You've initiated some account changes, especially security credentials
- Adverse market or economic conditions
- Your funds are on hold, and you can't withdraw for a certain period
- You lack enough funds to facilitate the transaction
It matters your next steps after realizing your frozen Coinbase account. There's only so much you can do without legal or professional help. Don't go at it alone; let DoNotPay help.
What to Do When Your Coinbase Account Gets Frozen
Upon realizing your Coinbase account is frozen, dilly-dallying is not an option. You must get ahead of this challenge to regain control of your account. The optimal way to achieve this is to get a hold of Coinbase customer support.
Here are the platform's contact details:
|Coinbase Customer Support Number||USA/International: +1 (888) 908-7930
UK: +44 808 168 4635
Ireland: 1800 200 355
India: 000 8000503236
|Coinbase Social Media Accounts||Facebook and Twitter pages|
Your frozen Coinbase account might not be your only woes. According to Trust Pilot, the platform has a customer rating of 1.7, with most of the 7,000 reviews focusing on poor customer service.
As such, reaching customer support might be painstaking. Fortunately, we can also help you reach an actual human to assist you accordingly. To eliminate the hassle of regaining your account solo, DoNotPay has an effective solution for you.
Regain Your Frozen Coinbase Account With DoNotPay
Working your back off and investing in crypto is admirable. On the other hand, experiencing a Coinbase frozen account and not accessing your funds is any investor's nightmare.
To regain control, we have a three-step efficient process for you to follow:
- Search "Crypto" on DoNotPay.
- Select the crypto exchange platform you use.
- Tell us when this problem started and estimate the losses you incurred from your inability to make trades/cash out.
You Can Do More With DoNotPay
We understand the stress and disappointment that accompanies a Coinbase account that's frozen. That's why DoNotPay has an effective product to help you unfreeze your account. However, that's just a fraction of what we can help you achieve in addition to:
- Appealing any of your banned accounts
- Dispute bank charges so you can transact better
- Eliminate hidden charges and help you reclaim your money
- How to cancel anything stress-free
- Get your passwords back and access your various accounts
- Take anyone to small claims court and get up to $35,000
…and many more.
You can't deny that having a platform such as DoNotPay that makes various tasks more accessible for you isn't welcome. To learn about our platform's revolutionary features and how to access your Coinbase funds, sign up for DoNotPay today.