How to Appeal Citizens Bank ATM Fees
These days, the cost of essential goods and services seems to be increasing every day. People are paying higher prices for everything from groceries to gas, and if you are struggling to make ends meet, you could really find yourself in a bind. Bank fees also seem to be rising higher and higher, forcing customers to pay up to hundreds of extra dollars per year just for the tasks that they need to complete on a weekly basis.
While bank fees are an unfortunate fact of life, you don't have to pay these fees without a second thought. can catch you off guard, but if you know how to contact the bank and plead your case, there is a way to possibly get these fees waived. Read on to learn all about and how you can deal with them successfully.
When are Citizens Bank ATM Fees Charged?
Citizens Bank is the 13th largest retail bank in the United States, offering financial services to businesses, individuals, corporations, and non-profit organizations According to the Citizens Bank website, the customer-focused culture of Citizens Bank helps to set them apart from other institutions. Although Citizens Bank advertises a customer-first approach, there are still some bank fees that you should be aware of if you are a customer of Citizens Bank.
Common are explored in the table below.
|Citizen Bank ATM fees explained.||
Other Common Citizens Bank Fees to be Aware of
Depending on the specific type of Citizens Bank account that you have, you might be charged other fees for certain services. Here are some common that you should be aware of:
- Incoming wire transfer fee: $12 for most accounts.
- Cashier's check: $10 per check. Select accounts might be eligible to get a cashier's check for free.
- Savings account monthly maintenance fee: $4.99.
- Transferring money from Citizens Bank to an external account: $3 per transfer.
There are other fees that you might get charged - if you have a specific concern or task that you need to complete and don't want to be charged a fee, reach out to a Citizens Bank representative to ask if there are fees attached.
How to Get Citizens Bank ATM Fees Waived on Your Own
If you are someone who uses ATMs a lot, that $3 transaction fee can add up quickly. For example, if you visit an ATM every couple of days, you could be spending close to $10 a week - and that could end up being around $100 each month. This is a lot of money, especially if you are carefully watching your spending. Still, there are ways to protest this fee. Here are three ways to contact Citizens Bank to discuss how can be waived.
1. Visit Citizens Bank in person
The most direct way to ask about getting Citizens Bank fees reversed is to visit the Citizens Bank branch closest to you. When you visit, ask to speak to a manager and discuss why you think the ATM fees that you are being charged are unfair. The manager might be willing to work with you on waiving the fees.
2. Ask the Citizens Bank online community
The Citizens Bank website has a vibrant FAQs section, where community members are able to chime in with questions and concerns. This is one possible solution for getting ATM fees reversed.
3. Call Citizens Bank customer service
Finally, you can call Citizens Bank customer service at 1-800-922-9999. You will need to verify your account information before speaking to a representative, so allow some time to complete this process. You will also need to explain why you believe the ATM fees were unfair - noting how many times you use an ATM each month and how long you've been with Citizens Bank.
Utilize DoNotPay to Get Unfair Bank Fees Handled
Protesting Citizens Bank ATM fees on your own can be stressful and even overwhelming. DoNotPay can help you, appealing bank fees on your behalf. To use DoNotPay, follow these 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
DoNotPay Can Handle Bank Fees for You
Here are some other ways DoNotPay can help you resolve common questions about bank fees:
- PayPal transfer to bank fee.
- Banks without overdraft fees.
- Chase Bank overdraft fees.
- Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees.
- Bank of America overdraft fees refunded.
- TD Bank overdraft fee.
- Bank of America ATM fees.
- Fifth Third Bank overdraft fees.
- Citizens Bank overdraft fee.
- Do banks charge overdraft fees on weekends?
And that’s only a few of the tasks you can tackle with DoNotPay. Try it today!