4 Easy Steps to Challenge Bank Charges and How DoNotPay Can Help
A few things can be more frustrating in life than realizing that your bank is charging you fees you didn't even know about. Thus, the reason to know the necessary steps to . Some bank fees can be too high and drain your account dry.
One of the more straightforward ways to challenge bank charges is to look for banks without overdraft fees. They may be your best option and won't wipe out your account without you knowing.
However, to escape the cycle, you must understand these bank charges and how you can challenge them. Disputing bank fees isn't always an easy process. But it's not impossible either. This post provides you with a guide to challenge bank charges and how DoNotPay can help.
Common Bank Charges
Have you ever felt like your bank made some to your account that you didn't know about? Then this list is for you. Many banks, such as Chase Bank, TD Bank, or Bank of America may charge you overdraft fees to the point that your account balance is negative.
Here's a rundown of the most common charges from banks:
|Account Maintenance and Minimum Balance||Almost all banks charge fees for maintaining their savings and checking accounts. These fees can range between $5 and $25 per month, and some banks may even charge more depending on the type of bank and account you're using.|
|ATM Fees||Another common charge is when you use ATMs not affiliated with your bank. This can lead to significant charges from your bank and the ATM provider and may be as much as $4.|
|Overdraft||Certain banks like Fifth Third Bank and Citizens Bank allow you to make certain purchases for a fee even without enough funds in your account. If you've signed up for overdraft coverage, you may receive charges of up to $35, and some banks even offer overdraft protection for certain accounts.|
|Excess Transactions||Some banks can also cap the number of withdrawals you can make within a certain period for certain accounts. After reaching a certain limit, your bank may start to charge you anywhere from $3 to 25$ per transaction.|
|Account Closing||Some banks may also require you to pay a certain amount for the early closure of your account. You may be required to pay up to $25 for closing your account before a certain period elapses.|
How to Challenge Bank Charges and Get Refunds Yourself
Challenging bank charges can sometimes be impossible once you see the numbers in your account. But depending on your bank or the bank associate you speak with, you may be told that your bank fee refunds are unavailable.
Here are some critical steps you can use to get your overdraft fees refunded easily and quickly:
- Summarize the fees: Ensure you count up all the bank fees you have been charged. You'll need this data to make your case with the bank agent.
- Prepare a script: After you've collected all the overdraft fees, prepare a firm but polite script that outlines every fee you've been charged and that you would like to be refunded.
- Contact the bank via phone or messenger: Depending on the bank you're using, you may have more success contacting your bank via messenger or phone. Some banks will accept fee refund requests made over the phone only.
- Be persistent: Ensure you stay persistent once you receive a response from the banking agent. Banks also don't want to lose you as their customer and would likely grant your request if it means retaining you as their customer.
How to Challenge Bank Charges With the Help of DoNotPay
Challenging bank charges can be the most frustrating and time-consuming thing you do. And most times, you might not always succeed. You will need a professional who has the skills and experience to help you through the process.
DoNotPay offers you the perfect solution to help you recover or reverse bank charges. You can depend on the DoNotPay app to challenge your bank fees and have the charges refunded to your account quickly, easily, and successfully.
If you want to challenge your banking charges with the help of DoNotPay, then simply follow these easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you challenge bank charges is just one of the many services that DoNotPay offers. You can also utilize the app to help solve other daily life problems such as:
- Revocable living trust
- PayPal transfer to bank fee
- Do banks charge overdraft fees on weekends?
- File a complaint
- Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees
- Breach of contract
- Power of attorney
The DoNotPay app is your go-to platform to help you challenge unfair bank charges and overdrafts. You never have to worry about your bank getting away with unfair charges on your account again. Try DoNotPay today to get those unfair charges refunded to your account easily, quickly, and successfully.