How to Cancel Voter Registration in Maryland
Eligible persons can cancel their voter registration whenever they decide to. begins 21 days before an election. Elections are excellent because you only have to register to vote once, even though they happen every year.
You must, however, cancel or change your voter registration if you:
- Move states
- Change your name
- Want to switch political parties
- Haven’t voted in the last four years
Due to the lengthy process, canceling voter registration can be a time-consuming task for citizens. Fortunately, DoNotPay is here to assist you with registering, altering information, and canceling your voter registration.
Who Is Eligible to Register for Voting?
To , you must be:
- You should be a United States citizen
- A resident of Maryland, and minimum age of 16 years old
You can't register as a voter if you are:
- Under patronage for unsoundness of mind and unable to express a wish to vote, as determined by a court found guilty of a crime and is presently serving a court-ordered prison sentence
- Charged with an offense and serving a court-ordered jail sentence,
- Not yet 18 years of age by the next general election.
How to Register for Voting in Maryland
Using the Online Voter Registration System of Maryland, you can register to vote anytime online or by presenting a voter registration application to the State Board of Elections. To vote in the next scheduled election, the application must be postmarked before the voter registration deadline. If you register for voting when it is closed, your application will be retained and processed by the State Board of Elections until registration reopens.
Registering to vote on Election Day is also possible. But to help the process of voting move more swiftly, it is advised that you register for voting by the deadline for voter registration. If you are unable to register by that date, you must take the following steps:
- During early voting, visit a voting location in your home state with a document showing your residency. You are considered a registered voter if your application is complete.
If you have not received a voting Card 21 days after applying, contact your local board of elections. You may also use our Voter Lookup page to see if you are registered to vote.
- Maintain your name and address up to date while you live in Maryland. Your registration is permanent.
- When you relocate inside the state, you do not need to re-register. To establish your residence, provide your valid driver's license, Identity card, or change of address card, bank statement, utility bill, or other official document showing your name and new location.
How to Update Voter Information in Maryland
If your voter registration information changes, you can amend your name and address via the Online Voter Registration System of Maryland, or you can notify your local board of elections.
Maryland Voter Registration Deadlines
Voter registration in Maryland is undertaken in three ways. You can either register as a voter by mail, in person, or online. All of this has specified deadlines for the registration, and they are as follows:
|3 weeks before Election Day
|3 weeks before the election. You can also register with proof of address during early voting or on Election Day. Instructions for registering on Election Day may be found here.
|3 weeks before the election
How to Cancel Voter Registration in Maryland
If you want to cancel your voter registration in Maryland, you will log into their website and click on update your information on site. You can now change your details as you wish and mail for the update.
DoNotPay Can Help Cancel Your Voter Registration if You Are Unable On Your Own
If you are unsure of where to start when canceling your voter registration, Donotpay is here to help you.
All you have to do is:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
And that's it! DoNotPay will make sure your registration changes get sent to the right office and your registration status is updated accordingly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only does Donotpay help you in canceling voter registration, we also offer other services that include:
- Filing complaints
- Sorting bills
- Obtaining reimbursement for flights that have been delayed or canceled.
- Defending yourself from harassment and stalking.
- Finding lost items
Reach out to us today at DoNotPay to get your voter registration handled. We are your premier consumer-needs champion!