Am I Registered To Vote In Indiana?
As a U.S. citizen, voting is your right. But, it's impossible to enjoy this right without being registered as a voter first, even if you're a native Indiana resident. Again, it's important to ascertain your registration status in the wake of any election, local or federal, so as not to miss out.
So what happens if you just moved to Indiana from another state? You are mandated to unregister as a voter from where you moved from and re-register to be able to vote in Indiana. But at times, knowing your voter registration can be tricky, especially if you aren't conversant with the ins and outs of the entire process. There's no need to worry. DoNotPay is here with the help you need.
This article looks at how you can use DoNotPay to easily confirm if you're , among other voter registration process details, without much hassle.
What Are the Requirements to Vote in Indiana?
The eligibility requirements to vote in Indiana are as follows:
- You are both a U.S. citizen and a resident of Indiana
- You will be at least 18 years of age on or before the next General or Municipal Election.
- You are not currently in prison following a conviction for a crime
- You have lived in the precinct where you vote for at least 30 days prior to the election, and
- You are registered to vote
How Do I Register to Vote in Indiana?
Indiana offers several ways for its residents to register as voters. These are online, via mail, or physically by visiting various government voter registration offices.
Online Voter Registration
To register to vote in Indiana, you can do it online by visiting the Voter Portal. You'll require a valid Indiana Driver's License Number or Indiana State Identification Number to register to vote for the first time or update your voter registration with a new address or name change.
The state allows you to download and print the Indiana Voter Registration Application (VRG-7) and register to vote by mail if you don't have a valid Indiana Driver's License Number or Indiana State Identification Number.
In-Person Registration to Vote
If you cannot register online or via mail, you can also do it in person at:
- The Indiana Government Center South, 302 W. Washington Street, Room E-204, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
- Your local county voter registration office
- Any Bureau of Motor Vehicles License Branch
- Local Libraries
- Any National Voter Registration Act full service agency, like Workforce Development offices or Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) offices.
Using the National Voter Registration Form
You can also register through the National Voter Registration platform by:
- Downloading and printing the National Voter Registration Form
- Filling in your details. Enter your Indiana Driver's License Number or ID Card Number in Box Six. You can also use your utility bills or financial statements if you don't have an ID or Driver's License number.
- Fill out the form as required and submit it to any Indiana election office or in-person registration centers named above.
How Do I Check If I'm Registered to Vote in Indiana By Myself?
You can check your voter registration status online on Indiana's election website. You'll need to provide and submit your information exactly as it appears on your voter registration record:
- Your first name
- Last name
- Date of Birth, and
- County of Current Registration
That's all, and you're good to go. Once you confirm your voting registration status, you can also find your voting location or polling place and learn more about election security on the website, among other election-related stuff.
Voter Registration Deadline in Indiana
The last day to register to vote depends on the method used.
|21 days before Election Day
|Must be received 21 days before Election Day
|Available up to and including on Election Day
Here's How You Can Easily Know If You Are Registered to Vote In Indiana Using DoNotPay
Although confirming your voter registration status isn't that engaging, DoNotPay simplifies the process even further. If you aren't sure of how to confirm if you're here's how to do it with DoNotPay:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
Just like that, you'll conveniently receive your voter registration status, register to vote, cancel your registration or unregister as a voter.
You Can Do So Much More With DoNotPay
Apart from DoNotPay easing up the process of confirming whether or not you're registered to vote, you can also learn more about:
- Reducing property taxes
- Insurance claims
- Cancel any subscription
- Help with bills
- Find lost items
- Airline flight compensation
- Divorce settlement agreement
- Neighbor complaints
- Mailing service
- Child travel consent form
- Stalking and harassment
DoNotPay makes life easier. today!