Ways To Cancel Mediacom CableTV Or Internet Services Like A Boss
With 1.36 million subscribers, Mediacom is the fifth-largest cable in the U.S. They cover 2.8 mil of homes. Still, their services are not for everyone. If they are not your cup of tea, see how to cancel them below.
Mediacom Cancellation via DoNotPay
DNP is the easiest way to cancel any service you no longer want. Follow the steps below to initiate the service or subscription cancellation:
- Go to DoNotPay via web browser
- Click on Find Hidden Money
- Enter the service name
You will receive the confirmation via our app upon completion.
You can also connect your email or bank account securely with us. We will identify your inactive subscriptions and suggest where you can optimize your budget.
How To Cancel MediaCom Services on Your Own
There are several ways to cancel MediaCom.
You Can Cancel Via
Cancel MediaCom Via Email
Here’s what you need to do to cancel your MediaCom account via email:
- Write an email and include your account number
- Request a service cancelation
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancel MediaCom Via Phone
If you’d prefer to cancel your subscription over the phone, Here are the steps you need to take:
- Prepare the account number or phone number associated
- Have answers to your security questions
- See if an early termination fee applies
- Ensure that you return the equipment:
- Check here for closest office/equipment return checkpoint
- Order pre-paid return boxes or
- Schedule a technician pickup (additional charges may apply)
- Call the Mediacom customer retention at 1-877-481-2225 to cancel the service
Customer service is available on business days, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m (ET).
Cancel MediaCom Via Live Chat
If you don’t want to bother talking to a customer service agent, you can use Mediacom’s live chat to cancel your membership. Here’s what you need to do:
- Initiate the chat following this link
- Ask the chat agent to cancel your service
- Be ready to provide account number and answer security questions
- Follow their instructions
Cancel MediaCom In Person
If you’d prefer to cancel in person, here’s how to go about it:
- Go to any Mediacom location. You can find the nearest one here
- Ask the front desk staff to cancel your membership
- Follow their instructions
Common Issues When Canceling the Mediacom Service
Here are a few things to consider when canceling Mediacom:
- Equipment return—ensure that you’ve returned the hardware before you get charged for it
- Early termination fees (ETF)—$240 on two and three year contracts and up to $120 on a one-year contract
- It may take up to 7 days to process cancelation requests on Mediacom side
- Charges for extra bandwidth spent—$10 for each started block of 50GB (paused during the corona outbreak as a company incentive)
Does Mediacom Offer Free Trials?
While Mediacom offers a bunch of promo price packages, they do not offer a free trial.
Is Mediacom Cancellation Effective Immediately?
Upon cancellation of Mediacom service, they will deduct fees for any unused service from your current monthly bill. Before this, they will settle any outstanding balance whether it’s an installation fee, extra bandwidth or unpaid services.
If you keep using their other services, they will issue the canceled service refund via credits for those. Otherwise, they issue a check refund.
Billing disputes are considered valid up to 30 days after the charge date. Should you fail to complain within that time frame, you give up any dispute or refund rights.
Is There an Option To Pause the Subscription?
Unfortunately, Mediacom does not give you an option to take a break from their services. If you want to lower your bills for a while, you may consider switching to a lower package.
They also offer neat low-income customer options. Follow the link to find out more about the options available and see if you qualify for some of them.
Best Mediacom Alternatives
Here are some of the best alternatives to the mediacom subscription:
|Pricing Starts at||
Is Mediacom Unreasonable? DoNotPay Can Help You Sue Them
If you feel that Mediacom has wronged you and if you have issues in reaching the satisfying resolution, you may need to escalate. DoNotPay makes it easy to sue companies in a small claims court. It has been awarded the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access by the American Bar Association. Download the app now and use the world’s best robot lawyer to fight against bureaucracy and get justice.
Let DoNotPay Monitor and Cancel Your Inactive Subscriptions
Americans, on average, spend $300–$500 per year on subscriptions we don’t need.
If you are sick and tired of wasting money on services you don’t use, we have good news—DoNotPay can help you become aware of your active subscriptions and get rid of the ones you don’t find convenient or practical. This way, you only need to pay for the apps/services you are actually using.
Connect DoNotPay with your bank account or email and we will dig for all of your subscriptions and identify inactive ones. All that’s left for you to do is click once, and we’ll terminate all the useless, money-eating memberships and save your budget.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Make Your Life Easier
You can open DoNotPay in your web browser and reach out if you need assistance with:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Canceling services, subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for free trials without fear of hidden charges
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Getting refunds from any company
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Dealing with the bills you are unable to pay
- Handling the phone queue when getting in touch with CS reps
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Getting rid of robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Stopping text spam
- Asking for refund and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Disputing parking tickets
- Fighting back against stalking and harassment
- Freeing you from spam mail forever