Report Tax Fraud in MN Easily
Most taxpayers in Minnesota comply with their tax obligations; however, few individuals and business owners neglect to pay their taxes. Reporting tax fraud in Minnesota is the best way to ensure that the state's Department of Revenue can bring tax evaders to justice.
Tax evasion and tax fraud are severe offenses resulting in free-rider problems that limit the efficient provision of public services to the people of Minnesota. Therefore, when taxpayers fail to comply with the tax law, the department must investigate, seek criminal charges, and recommend criminal prosecution.
Consequently, you should not hesitate to report if you suspect an individual or business is evading taxes or participating in tax fraud. DoNotPay has a service to report tax fraud in Minnesota. It provides a fast and easy way of reaching the IRS or Minnesota Department of Revenue.
The Description of Tax Fraud or Evasion
Human beings are prone to errors. Still, intentional errors on financial books due to personal interests and objectives are economic crimes in any state. Thus, by intentionally misrepresenting your income or assets in taxes, you are committing what the IRS refers to as tax fraud and should be reported. There are various approaches to tax fraud or evasion, such as:
- Intentionally failing to comply with IRS tax laws that require you to file your returns.
- Intentionally failing to report your organization's sales and paying due taxes.
- Refusing to pay a tax bill owed
- Falsifying data on tax forms knowingly
- Internationally hiding income and assets statements from your tax forms.
As shown, tax evasion occurs in various ways. However, no matter the form, it renders the government incapable of providing certain services to the public due to reduced collections.
Why Should You Report Tax Fraud?
You do not want to be paying more than your fair share of taxes to make up for the deficit resulting from tax evasion. Besides, these individuals have no plausible explanation for failing to pay their fair share of taxes other than personal benefits. By reporting tax evaders, you are just asking them to play their part in paying for services that benefit the general public in Minnesota, like roads.
Moreover, the commission rewards those who report tax fraud to the IRS. Cases involving over $2.5 million earn you 15% to 30% of the reclaimed amount, while you are likely to get up to 15% of the reclaimed tax debt for cases involving a lower amount of funds.
How to Report Tax Evasion or Fraud in Minnesota
You have few options depending on the form of tax fraud you report here in Minnesota. For instance, if you suspect that your boss or landlord is committing tax fraud or you wish to report that someone is claiming your child on taxes, then you should file your report to the Minnesota Department of Revenue. While for tax issues relating to a business’s financial income and assets, the law requires you to file your report to the IRS.
Reporting Tax Fraud Using IRS Form
Once you have concrete evidence of tax evasion or fraud, you can file your report to the IRS by downloading and filling Form 3949-A, Information Referral PDF. The HMRC will secure your details when filing a tax evasion report because of tax return confidentiality under IRC 6103. Alternatively, you may send a detailed letter with your details and information on the tax evader.
Reporting Tax Fraud to the State of Minnesota
You can use various approaches to file your tax evasion report to the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
|Online form||Filing Tax evasion or Tax Fraud Report Form|
|Tipline||Contact 651-297-5195 or 800-657-3500 (toll-free)|
|Minnesota Department of Revenue Mail Station 6590 600 N. Robert St. St. Paul, MN 55146-6590|
Report Tax Fraud in Minnesota With DoNotPay
Here is how to report your landlord for tax evasion using our product:
- Open the DoNotPay Report Tax Fraud product.
- Enter the business you would like to report for tax fraud.
- Provide the details of suspicious activity and as much evidence as you can provide.
- Confirm your contact information.
- DoNotPay will automatically generate the official report and send it on your behalf. The IRS will contact you regarding cash rewards once the case is investigated.
Why Use DoNotPay to Report Tax Fraud in MN?
These are the key reasons you should make DoNotPay's tax fraud product your priority:
- It is fast. Using DNP's product enables you to spend less time reporting fraud incidents.
- It is easy. Through DoNotPay, you are free from the struggles of filling out tedious forms or keeping track of all the steps involved in reporting tax fraud.
- DoNotPay is private and secure; thus, your confidentiality is assured by the Department of Revenue in Minnesota as well as the IRS filing report.
Handling IRS forms may be challenging and discouraging. Don't struggle with report forms anymore; start using DoNotPay today for effective and efficient services.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you in:
- Reducing property taxes
- Filing a complaint
- Terminating memberships or subscriptions
- Fight workplace discrimination
Sign up for DoNotPay to learn more about what we can do for you.