How to Fight Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfer Fees
Bank fees are at an all-time high, with most Americans paying $7 every month. range between $13.00 and $75.00 for each transaction, with additional costs for notification status.
Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees cost $35 per item, the PayPal transfer to bank fee is 1% of the total amount, and Bank of America ATM fees range between $2.50 and $5.00 for each withdrawal. The exorbitant fees cost consumers hundreds of dollars each year, with some people spending close to $500 annually on overdraft fees alone.
DoNotPay has developed a product to empower consumers, showing them how to fight back. The automated system is quick and easy to use. All you need to do is input the information, and DoNotPay sends a request to your bank to waive the excessive fees.
What Are Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfer Fees?
Bank of Hawaii allows its customers to initiate an electronic funds transfer (wire payment) from their personal account to an account at another financial institution. Transfers can occur either domestically or internationally. There are fees associated with each transaction.
|Outgoing Wire Transfer||$40 for amounts less than $5000
$75 for amounts exceeding $5000
|Incoming Wire Transfer||$13.00|
A domestic wire transfer to a bank in the United States that is $5,000 or less costs $40.00 to send money. If the transfer exceeds $5,000, the fee is $75.00 for each transaction.
Bank of Hawaii does not disclose wire transfer fees for international financial institutions, as it varies depending upon location. For more details about international fees, contact Bank of Hawaii directly. You can reach customer service at 808-643-3888 or call toll-free at 877-232-0118. You can also send them an email.
Bank of Hawaii wire transfer fees for an incoming wire is $13.00 for each transaction. The transaction fee is waived for all Bankohana Cash Advantage Checking account holders and customers with a Bankohana Level II or Level III account.
Bank of Hawaii also charges a $25 one-time fee to set up wire transfer notifications. Customers are alerted to the status of outgoing or incoming wires. To have the notice faxed is $3.00 per occurrence. Email notifications incur a $2.00 fee per occurrence.
These fees are in addition to the costs of sending or receiving a wire from the Bank of Hawaii.
Will Bank of Hawaii Refund Wire Transfer Fees?
There is no procedure in place to request a waiver of Bank of Hawaii wire transfer fees, so you will need to contact the bank directly. The Customer Service Center is available seven days a week from 6 am to 9 pm HST.
Call 808-643-3888 or toll-free at 1-888-643-3888 for assistance. You can also utilize the Bank of Hawaii live chat feature or fill out an online contact form.
How to Get Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfer Fees Waived On Your Own
While there is no set procedure to request a fee waiver at the Bank of Hawaii, there is a way around these expensive costs. Many banking customers don't realize you can ask for a refund of fees. They let the financial institution take the money out of their account without giving it a second thought.
Those fees are not set in stone and add up quickly. To ask your bank for leniency and appeal the banking fees, you can:
- Contact your financial institution
- Ask for forgiveness of the fee and request a refund
- Give a brief description of why you don't think the fee is warranted
- Explain your current financial situation and let them know why it is difficult for you to incur the fee
- You can also research local statutes regarding hidden fees and reference these laws when speaking to a representative.
- You can request a refund of Bank of Hawaii wire transfer fees by writing a letter to the bank, calling customer service, connecting through the online banking system, sending an email, or visiting the local branch office in person.
Alternatives to Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfers
To avoid paying exorbitant wire transfer fees, you can consider other methods for sending money. The following options offer lower fees, and some have no cost associated with them at all:
- ACH transfer
- Western Union
- PayPal or Venmo
How to DoNotPay Can Help
DoNotPay is the perfect solution for taking care of issues with your bank. You can set up an automatic request to assess your monthly banking fees with just the click of a button.
It's time to stop letting banks take advantage of you with excessive fees and penalties. DoNotPay can file an appeal on your behalf and show you how to request a refund of any bank fees incurred. And if you are tired of waiting on hold for customer assistance and don't have the time to write a letter or visit your bank, DoNotPay can help make the entire process easy.
How to Get Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfer Fees Waived with DoNotPay
If you want to get Bank of Hawaii wire transfer fees waived with DoNotPay but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
Why Use DoNotPay to Waive Bank of Hawaii Wire Transfer Fees
- Fast—The automated system guides you every step of the way, processing your request in under five minutes.
- Easy—There are no tedious forms to fill out, letters to write, or phone calls to make. Answer a few simple questions, and DoNotPay does the rest.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing unfair bank fees are a thing of the past.
We'll also help you to fight:
- Chase Bank overdraft fees
- TD Bank overdraft fees
- Fifth Third bank overdraft fees
- Bank of America overdraft fees.
- Bank of America ATM fees
- Citizens Bank overdraft fees
- Wells Fargo checking account overdraft fees
- PayPal transfer to bank fees
We can also help you locate banks without overdraft fees and find out if banks charge overdraft fees on weekends. It has never been easier to take action. Let DoNotPay help you put money back in your account where it belongs.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can offer assistance in all areas of your life, including:
- Filing a complaint in small claims court
- Helping you create a Revocable Living Trust
- Showing you how to create a Power of Attorney
- Helping you get gift card cash back
- Processing insurance claims
It's not easy handling financial matters on your own. DoNotPay is like having a personal financial advisor on your side 24/7, helping you tackle issues that unexpectedly arise. Keep more money in your pocket and let DoNotPay show you how to request a refund of and so much more.