Fight Ally Bank ATM Fees the Easy Way
If you are a frequent user of the ATM, there is probably one thing you hate: the ATM fees. The average ATM fee is $2.50, an amount that you can easily brush off but can accumulate to thousands of dollars, especially if you are a frequent atm user. If you are especially withdrawing from an ATM where you are a non-member, the fees can escalate to $10.
Did you know that you could file an appeal and get your (and many more banks) waived using DoNotPay? I bet you didn't. Don't let banks take advantage of you with ATM fees anymore. DoNotPay will help you out in an easy, fast and convenient way.
What Is an ATM Fee?
An ATM Fee is the amount that banks and interbank networks charge when you use their automated teller machine (ATM.) In some cases, these charges apply to members and non-members, while in others, it applies to non-members of the bank only. Most banks charge around $2.50 for members and approximately $10 or more for non-members.
Luckily, Ally Bank does not charge any domestic since they are an online banking platform. However, they charge a standard foreign transaction fee of up to 1% of the transacted amount. The cost caters to currency conversion and cross-border transactions. Additionally, you might get an ATM fee charged by the ATM owner if you are not using an Allpoint® ATM.
Ally Bank Interest Checking Account Fees
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Monthly Maintenance Fee||$0|
|ATM Transactions||$0 (ATM operator fees refunded up to $10 per statement cycle)|
|Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee||$0|
|Deposited Item Returned||$7.50|
|Domestic Wire Transfer (incoming)||$0|
|International Wire Transfer (incoming)||$0|
Does Ally Bank Reimburse ATM Fees
Yes, they do. Ally Bank is an online bank, meaning that they do not have physical branches from which you can withdraw money. To withdraw cash from Ally, you will have to use other bank ATMs. Ally Bank has no nationwide ATM fee, meaning you can withdraw money from any ATM for free.
If the bank happens to charge you for using their machine, Ally Bank will reimburse you for the fee charged. They believe that you do not have to spend money to access your money. Ally Bank also returns foreign ATM fees of up to $30, making it convenient to make Ally withdrawals in ATMs internationally.
How to Get Ally Bank to Refund Your ATM Fee
Ally Bank automatically reimburses all ATM fees nationwide by crediting them to your account at the end of your statement period. If you notice that they did not reimburse you, you can do the following:
- Contact their customer care at 1-877-247-2559.
- Provide your account information.
- Explain that you did not get a refund for your ATM fee and probably state where you made the withdrawal and with which bank's ATM.
Ally Bank will then reimburse the amount up to $10. Additionally, they pay interest on the refunded amount from the day the funds are reimbursed in your account.
How to Avoid ATM Fees
If your bank does not reimburse or waive ATM fees, there are several ways to avoid these fees. You do not have to incur extra costs to access and use your money. They include the following:
- Avoid the need to carry cash and instead switch to using your debit or credit card for all transactions
- Ask for cash back while shopping at chain stores such as Walmart or grocery stores that do not charge a fee for getting money at the register.
- Withdrawal money from the bank's physical location
- Uses mobile apps to transfer money from the bank
- If you want to take out large amounts of money, avoid using the ATM.
How to Get Ally Bank to Reimburse Your ATM Fees With the Help Of DoNotPay
If Ally Bank (or any other bank) fails to reimburse your money or takes too long, DoNotPay can help you get it done with the click of a few buttons. You just have to follow the four steps below:
- Open the DoNotPay Fight Bank Fees product.
- Enter the name of your bank.
- Verify the last 4 digits of your bank account.
- Choose which fees you want to waive, including overdraft, ATM, and transaction fees.
You can also have DoNotPay automatically appeal bank fees for you every month. Just set up DoNotPay in the Background, and our bot will demand your fees without you having to do anything.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Ally Bank is not the only bank that DoNotPay can help you get reimbursement for your ATM fee. We work with many banks to solve problems relating to bank fees. We can help you with:
- Getting a refund of the overdraft fee and ATM fees from the Bank of America
- Learning about Chase Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Citizens Bank, Wells Fargo, and other banks' overdraft fees
- Knowing how banks charge overdrafts on weekends
- Learning about banks with no overdraft fees
- Waiving TD Bank overdraft fee
- Learning about Paypal transfer to bank fees
What Else Do Not Pay Can Do for You?
At DoNotPay, we believe that no one has to suffer while accessing any services whatsoever. For that reason, we have numerous products tailored to help you with your different problems. Below is just a sample of our extensive services:
- Insurance claims
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Small claims court
- Revocable living trusts
- Gift card cashback
What are you waiting for? Sign up for a company that goes through the hustle, so you don't have to, and then sit back and enjoy the best service ever.