Get Compensated from WOW’s Internet Outage
Nobody gets excited when their internet's down. For some, a can mean lost income, interrupted security, and missed work and academic deadlines. At the prices you pay for internet services, you deserve compensation in the form of a refund when you're unable to connect.
How do you go about getting a refund or other compensation when you experience a WideOpenWest internet outage? There are two ways: Go it solo or get DoNotPay on your side.
Things to Do Before You File a Claim
The first thing you should do when your internet goes down is to troubleshoot potential issues to make sure the outage isn't due to your equipment. Of course, if you lease the modem from your internet provider, you still might be owed compensation.
- Go to https://www.wowway.com/support/internet
- Click on the troubleshooting topic most relevant to your problem
- If the issue isn't resolved, contact Support at 1-866-496-9669
If your internet is still down after you've gone through the troubleshooting process, and if customer support hasn't been able to solve your problem, it's time to gather up some information and documentation and get ready to build your compensation case.
What You Need:
- The date, times, and duration of the outage
- The steps you took to troubleshoot the issue
- Note the name of the customer support representative and the time you called
- A description of your losses (canceled online meetings, missed school, and work deadlines, ruined game day party, etc.)
- Your account information
- An estimated value of lost revenue as a result of the outage
Get Compensated for a WOW’s Internet Outage
Now that you've figured out how much it costs for you to be without internet, don't you think it's worthwhile to try and get a refund, credit, or other compensation? You might think so now, but pursuing a claim for on your own can be pretty daunting. Here are some tips if you're a do-it-yourselfer, but you can skip this part and read about DoNotPay if you'd rather do something else with your time.
How to Get Compensation for an Outage on Your Own:
Claiming a refund may be a hassle but you can be sure it is for your benefit. You may claim your refund yourself via the following.
|Phone||Call the customer support line at 1-866-496-9669 Ask for the name, phone number, and business mailing address of the supervisor in charge of refunds and credits.|
|Write a firm but professional Email explaining the situation and asking for either a refund, credit, or cash payment. Compile and enclose all the necessary information you gathered and email them at https://www.wowway.com/|
|Walk-in||You can search online for the nearest one or if you live in Panama City, their address is at 7012 US Hwy 98, Panama City Beach, FL 32407|
It's a good idea to follow up by phone or email in about a week to make sure the correct person received your claim request. Be sure to keep a log of each step they give, and take notes of any conversations you have with customer support and the supervisor you're contacting.
How to Get Compensation for an Outage Using DoNotPay:
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay?
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
Does DoNotPay Help With Other Types of Outages?
Yes. We'll help you file a claim with any power or internet service provider across the United States, including these:
What Else DoNotPay Can Do For You
We don't just handle internet and power outage claims. Among the hundreds of services we offer that save you time and paperwork, we can help you with these:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
We will help you file your WideOpenWest internet outage compensation claim. , and allow us to convince you how empowering it is to have your very own "robot lawyer" on your side.