What Is a Bench Warrant for Traffic Ticket?
can be a real problem for you. If you need help with a bench warrant, DoNotPay can help.
When you receive a traffic ticket, you will have to pay for it. Traffic tickets can cost you fines, and in many states, points against your driver's license. You may not always agree with the reason that you were pulled over and cited for a traffic violation. It might even be tempting to ignore your traffic ticket and associated court dates or fines. The problem is that the courts are under the control of the laws of the states.
You might receive your traffic ticket in the mail, or you might have been given your copy when you were pulled over by law enforcement. The manner in which you receive your citation will help you decide whether you want to contest your traffic ticket or not. Depending on the severity of the charges, you may have fines listed on your traffic ticket that make it easy to pay.
Even if there are fees listed on the traffic ticket, it is always best to appear for your court date. Traffic ticket court dates are an excellent opportunity to attempt to make a deal with the district attorney for a lower infraction, lower fines, and/or less points against your driver's license. A deadline for payment is also usually set at that time. If you fail to keep either your court date or your payment arrangement, you can incur more fees, additional penalties, possible suspension of your driver's license, and most importantly, a bench warrant.
If you do end up with traffic ticket problems up to and including a bench warrant, DoNotPay can help.
What Is a Bench Warrant?
If you fail to appear in court or pay your traffic ticket fines, you could end up with a bench warrant.
is a legal document signed by a judge or magistrate that places on your record a note that you failed to appear in court or pay your fine. If you get pulled over again, you can be placed under arrest, held until you are brought before a judge, and forced to address your prior traffic ticket.
Types of Traffic Tickets
There are several moving violations for which you might receive a traffic ticket.
Types of traffic tickets include:
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Distracted driving
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Running a red light
- Illegal lane changes
- Driving without a valid driver's license
- Driving without insurance
- Driving with an expired registration
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
What to Do If You Receive a Bench Warrant
If you receive a traffic ticket that turns into a , you need to take the following steps:
- Go to the courthouse.
- Tell the cashier that you need to speak to someone about an unpaid traffic ticket.
- Be informed that you have a bench warrant out for your arrest.
- Ask to speak to the district attorney.
- Notice the marshalls approaching you.
- Be polite to the nice marshalls as they place you under arrest.
- Get booked into jail.
- Cool your heels while awaiting arraignment.
- Speak to a lawyer who wants to charge you too much.
- Decide to represent yourself
- Be taken to court.
- Speak to the district attorney
- Tell your story to the district attorney as to why you did not pay your traffic ticket.
- Try to make your story believable.
- Listen to the ridiculously high fines that you now have to pay when your original ticket was a fraction of the cost.
- Pay the new fine.
- Take a huge hit on your car insurance premiums.
- Have new points against your license.
- If you now have too many points against your driver's license, discover that your license is now suspended.
- Take the bus to work for the next year or spend too much money taking an Uber to work each day.
Take Care of Your Traffic Ticket Using DoNotPay
You can avoid a bench warrant by dealing with your traffic ticket the easy way.
You can contest your traffic ticket with the help of DoNotPay in just a few simple steps. Here is how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
Why Use DoNotPay For Traffic Tickets?
When you use DoNotPay to solve your traffic ticket problem, you solve your problem in a way that is:
- Fast. Take a few minutes and answer questions based on your traffic ticket.
- Easy. Avoid stress starting with a click on a button.
- Successful. Your challenge to your traffic ticket is complete in just a few minutes.
When you use DoNotPay to solve your traffic ticket problems, you can avoid another bench warrant.
DoNotPay Solves Problems Across All Areas
DoNotPay solves more problems than just traffic tickets. They solve problems in all areas.
Do you need to file an insurance claim for your traffic accident? DoNotPay can help. Do you need a copy of your birth certificate in another state? DoNotPay has you covered. Do you need to renegotiate your lease with your landlord? DoNotPay has a tool for that as well.
Are you looking to clean up your credit soo you can get a lease on a new car? DoNotPay can help you with that too. No matter what area you might have a problem, DoNotPay has a solution to solve it.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Since they offer help in every area, DoNotPay can help you with just about anything, such as:
- Pay or challenge parking tickets.
- DIspute a seatbelt ticket.
- Renew your car registration.
- Make a DMV appointment.
- File a complaint against anyone.
- Find missing money.
- Alert your city to new potholes in need of repair.
- File a case in small claims court.
These are just a few of the many things DoNotPay can do for you. Visit DoNotPay.com today and explore the many other ways they can help you.