How to Contest Las Vegas Traffic Tickets and Win
The Nevada Independent reported tens of thousands of citations issued annually by individual courts, including Las Vegas. It is, therefore, possible that despite your best efforts to abide by the law on the road, you have received on one or numerous occasions a
But do you know how to fight a traffic ticket on your own? What are the consequences of taking a guilty plea on traffic tickets in Las Vegas? We have some excellent news, DoNotPay can not only provide you with that information but also assist you in taking the necessary steps to dispute or not pay the ticket altogether. With DoNotPay, you can be assured of a fast, easy, and highly convenient process. Let's explore how.
Types of Traffic Tickets in Las Vegas, Nevada
The three main types of , Nevada, are:
- Parking violations
- Non-moving violations
- Moving violations
Regarded as minor traffic violations, you could receive a parking ticket for:
- Parking at a distance of over 18 inches from the curb
- Parking at under 20 feet of a fire hydrant
- Not paying for a metered parking space
- Parking in a space allotted for persons with disabilities
These are violations that question whether or not a person is legally allowed to drive. They include:
- Operating a vehicle with no proof of registration
- Parking, stopping or pulling up on a highway
- Driving with no evidence of insurance
- Driving with no valid driver's license
- If you being found guilty of seatbelt violations
- If you're caught driving with a suspended driver's license
- If you're found guilty of a child restraint violation
These entail a driver's unlawful action while driving. These include:
- Running a red light/stop sign
- Caught driving recklessly
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Texting while on the wheel
- Backing unsafely
- Disobedience to traffic officials
- Failure to extend a hand to pedestrians
Minor traffic offenses are prosecuted as civil infractions, which carry monetary penalties without jail. In contrast, the more serious traffic violations are charged as misdemeanors and are resolved by paying a fine or serving a jail term.
How to Appeal Your Traffic Ticket in Las Vegas
If you believe your was wrongfully issued, first, seek the services of an attorney. It will save on your time since you don't need to be physically in court, and prosecutors are more likely to completely dismiss or at least reduce your charge if a counsel represents you.
Your attorney is then tasked with proving the case is too weak to sustain a conviction through eyewitness testimonials, surveillance video, and photographs. The good news is that most traffic cases don't get to trial. The prosecutors will often offer the defense attorney a beneficial plea deal. However, hiring a lawyer is costly and something you want to take as the last measure.
How to Pay Your Traffic Ticket in Las Vegas, NV
You first need to confirm which court issued the traffic ticket. This information is found on the traffic ticket issued. The Las Vegas Justice Court announced that individuals who've been cited for a traffic violation may now enter a plea online via Las Vegas Justice Court's new online platform, Matterhorn.
- Click the Resolve a citation and/or make a payment button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will be redirected to the Matterhorn website for registration guidelines.
- Once logged on to the Matterhorn website, enter your plea(s), resolve your case, and/or make a payment.
|Online||Las Vegas Township Justice Court|
|Phone Number||(702) 671-3444 Phone assistance is only available from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Mailing Address||Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Division
200 Lewis Avenue, 1st Floor
P.O. Box 552511
Las Vegas, NV 89155
|In-Person||899 North Capitol St NE
Washington, DC 20002
|Payment By MoneyGram or Mail||Waiver of Rights Form|
|MoneyGram Mailing Address||Las Vegas Municipal Court, P.O. Box 3950, Las Vegas, NV 89127. Fax: 702-464-2538|
|MoneyGram Phone Number||1-800-926-9400|
|For further assistance||call 702-382-6878 and if you're out of state, call 1-800-654-6856|
For Las Vegas Municipal Court traffic tickets:
- Wait 14 business days for the citation to be uploaded into the system, and up to 30-45 business days for a Nevada Highway Patrol to issue a ticket.
- You can pay your Las Vegas Municipal Court traffic ticket online.
- By MoneyGram - Submit a Waiver of Rights Form—with your plea to: Las Vegas Municipal Court.
- Pay by Mail -Present a Waiver of Rights Form indicating your plea to Las Vegas Municipal Court using the same mailing address for MoneyGram.
What Happens if You Ignore Your Las Vegas Traffic Ticket?
If you fail to pay traffic tickets, an arrest warrant will be issued against you. This automatically adds $200 to the cost of your ticket. Additionally, a $25 late fee will also be added. You may be reported to national credit reporting agencies for failing to pay your traffic ticket.
Additionally, your credit score may, as a result, go down, making your credit more costly. These are expensive consequences DoNotPay wants to help you avoid at a fraction of the eventual cost you risk paying.
Contest Tickets in Las Vegas, NV in Less Than 120 Seconds Using the Robot Lawyer
DoNotPay can help you dispute any traffic ticket in Las Vegas, Nevada. We have successfully appealed to more than 200,000 tickets, and yours could be the next one.
Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won!
Pay Less When Solving Everyday Life Issues
DoNotPay can not only help with your traffic tickets in Las Vegas, NV but also in other cities like New York, California, and Los Angeles. It has also developed other features curated to solve problems you encounter in your everyday life, including:
- Providing help with your parking tickets
- Assisting with renewing your car registration
- Tips to making an insurance claim
- Helping to file a complaint against any company
- Hacks to lease a car at the best price
and learn more about how you can take advantage of the robot lawyer’s endless list of services.