How DoNotPay Can Help You With Walmart Identity Theft
Every other day, we use our personal data to carry out various tasks, such as accessing credit card and bank accounts, social media sites, and other password-protected online platforms. Although this data may be encrypted, it does not mean that it is totally secure. As a matter of fact, your personal information, which is your identity, may be stolen and used by malicious people for their selfish gains.
In the virtual world, modern-day thieves are not interested in your wallet or physical possessions. They are looking for personal information to commit identity theft crimes. Once they have your credit card information, date of birth, physical address, SSN, and additional information from sites such as Walmart, they can shop all they want, get new phone lines, open new accounts, and get additional credit. If they scam you for a long time, they can leave you with a mountain of debt.
It is, therefore, very important to know how to identify and prevent cases of identity theft. However, filing an identity theft report on your own is not a straightforward process. Through DoNotPay's new Identity Theft product, nevertheless, we'll walk you through each report you should file and the steps you should take to make sure your information stays protected.
What Is Identity Theft?
Identity theft occurs when someone steals your personal information to carry out fraudulent activities. The stolen information may be used to apply for loans, get medical services, or file taxes.
Among many other consequences, such acts can cause a lot of damage to your credit. You will have to spend a lot of time and money to clear your name.
Signs That You May be a Victim of Walmart Identity Theft
Credit card fraud is the most common type of identity theft. Learn the following red flags of identity theft and prevent yourself from becoming another statistic.
|You notice unauthorized purchases.||According to Experian, if you receive any confirmation of a purchase you did not make, that is a big red flag that your identity may be compromised.|
|You get numerous calls from debt collectors.||Getting phone calls requesting overdue payments may be a sign that an identity thief is making expenses using your data.|
|Your credit card application is denied.||When your credit application is denied despite you having a good credit score, it could mean that an identity thief is using your information to make fraudulent claims.|
How to Prevent Walmart Identity Theft
The following are some of the ways you could prevent identity theft in the future:
- Make sure your Social Security Number is secure and avoid carrying it in your wallet.
- Regularly review your bank statements and credit card statements. Be on the lookout for unauthorized transactions and compare your bank and credit card statements to your receipts.
- Watch out for dumpster divers. Make sure you shred your expired credit cards and accounts statements.
- You can use Equifax, TransUnion, Innovis, or Experian to freeze your credit cards for free. Doing this will prevent an unauthorized party from applying for and being approved for a credit account using your personal details.
How to Report a Walmart Identity Theft on Your Own
If you happen to be a victim of , it is advisable to request copies of the records that show alleged fraudulent activity on Walmart, Sam's Club, or other Walmart websites. There is no fee for these documents.
To report a case of identity theft by yourself, please follow the following steps:
- Fill out the Walmart/Sam's Club Identity Theft Victims Affidavit
- There are three ways you can submit the completed form and other related documents
- By Email
- By Fax: 888.828.6949
- By Mail. Send to Walmart Corporate, Global Investigations, 702 SW 8th St., MS #0405, Bentonville, AR 72716-0405
Next Steps for Reporting Walmart Identity Theft If You Can't Do It Yourself
Reporting a Walmart identity theft case is not an easy process. Sometimes it may take days or even weeks for your claim to be investigated. You will waste a lot of time and endure a lot of frustrations following up on your case. However, DoNotPay is your best alternative to deal with identity theft.
How to Deal With Identity Theft Using DoNotPay
If you want to report a case with DoNotPay, follow these 3 easy steps:
- Search "identity theft" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, financial loss, and any suspect information you may have.
- We'll identify whether you should file an FTC report, contact the IRS, freeze your credit report, contact state agencies, or file a police report. Once we guide you through the best options, we'll automatically submit the reports on your behalf!
And that's it! DoNotPay will make sure your issue gets sent to the right place. We'll upload confirmation documents to your task for you to view, and if the contacts need more information, they will reach out to you personally via email or mail.
DoNotPay can help you solve other types of identity theft cases such as:
- IRS identity theft
- Unemployment identity theft
- Credit card fraud
- Social Security identity theft
- Stolen stimulus check
- Equifax identity theft
- Experian identity theft
- Damages for suing for identity theft
Why Use DoNotPay to Report Walmart Identity Theft
There are three top reasons why you should trust DoNotPay to handle identity theft cases for you.
- DoNotPay is fast. You don't have to spend hours trying to find a way to report the Walmart identity theft.
- DoNotPay is easy. There is no need to fill out tedious forms nor keep track of all the steps involved in reporting the case.
- DoNotPay is successful. We will make the best case for you and ensure that your identity is secure.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Reporting identity theft is just one of many things DoNotPay can do for you. DoNotPay can help with many other issues such as:
- Getting compensation for crime victims
- Contacting government representatives
- Getting chargebacks and refunds
- Making insurance claims
What are you waiting for? Contact today and let us solve your most pressing issues for you.