What Is the Best and Most Secure Alternative to LifeLock?
If you or someone you know has ever been a victim of identity theft, you know that it is overwhelming and scary. Identity theft has serious ramifications, and unfortunately, recovery can be a long and tedious process. Even if you have never experienced identity theft, the thought of having your private and financial life invaded can feel intimidating.
Fortunately, there are identity theft protection programs available that can help prevent issues from arising. One popular service is LifeLock. If you are looking for more information about LifeLock or , DoNotPay has created this guide for you.
What is LifeLock?
LifeLock was founded in 2005 as an identity theft protection company. It provides assistance by monitoring for identity theft through use of your personal information and/or changes to your credit scores.
You can also read our detailed LifeLock review, but you can expect the following:
- Monitoring and Alerts: They will alert you to potential identity threats. Did you take out that payday loan? Was a crime committed in your name? LifeLock will alert you!
- Identity Restoration: An Identity Restoration Specialist will work on your case if your identity is stolen
- $1 Million Protection: Plans have up to $1 million coverage for lawyers and experts to help your recovery process if identity theft occurs during your membership
- Customer Service: 24/7 live member support
For more information, you can visit the NortonLifeLock Contact Page.
How Much Does LifeLock Cost?
There are a variety of plans for individuals or families, so you can choose the plan that best fits your needs and budget.
Current pricing structure include:
Family Plan - 2 Adults
Family Plan - 2 Adults + 5 Kids
Alternatives to LifeLock
There are that may better suit your needs, budget, or preferences.
- Norton: Provides same services as LifeLock, with additional virus protection for designated devices
- Norton 360 with LifeLock: $99.48 first year
- Aura: Provides monitoring, alerts, recovery assistance, insurance and 24/7 customer service.
- Individual: $9/month when paid annually or $12/monthly
- Couples Plan: $17/month when paid annually or $20/monthly
- Family Plan: $25/month when paid annually or $30/monthly
- McAfee: Provides monitoring of each credit bureau, SSN tracing, alerts, recovery assistance, insurance, 24/7 customer service
- $74.99 introductory pricing
- DoNotPay: Alert state agencies, file official reports with FTC, file police reports, contact the IRS, establish fraud alerts with credit bureaus, etc. PLUS access to all DoNotPay services
- $36 every three (3) months for 200+ services
Let DoNotPay Fight Identity Theft On Your Behalf
Instead of going through expensive services that might offer "up to" a certain amount of protection or insurance, you have another option. DoNotPay is prepared to succesfully help you navigate identity theft recovery right now.
How to deal with identity theft using DoNotPay:
- Search "identity theft" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, financial loss, and any suspect information you may have.
- We'l identify whether you should file a FTC report, contact the IRS, freeze your credit report, contact state agencies, or file a police report. Once we guide you through the best options, we'll automatically submit the reports on your behalf!
That is all you have to do! DoNotPay will ensure that your issue is addressed with all of the right agencies and work through the situation on your behalf.
DoNotPay Helps You Make Informed Decisions
In an effort to help you make informed decisions, DoNotPay provides a variety of guides and reviews, including:
- Experian Boost Reviews
- Equifax Free Credit Report Reviews
- FormSwift Reviews
- Fastweb Reviews
More Ways DoNotPay Can Help
Helping you handle identity theft is just one of the many services that we provide:
- Compensation for victims of crime
- Contacting government representatives
- Chargebacks or refunds
- Small claims court
- Filing insurance claims
DoNotPay provides services that save you time, money, and stress!