Identity Theft: USA Passport Identity Theft
Passport identity theft is closely linked to modern-day crime. A passport is especially used by imposters to travel and, in some instances, commit crimes like terrorism in the west. However, the process of can be long, frustrating, and in some cases futile.
This is because it requires a lot of investigation to prove a passport identity theft, not to mention that you may not even know that your passport is being used by someone else until it’s too late. DoNotPay is a fast online service that helps you report a missing passport and also follows up on USA passport identity theft.
Signs That You May Be a Victim of USA Passport Identity Theft
- There is an arrest warrant out for you
- You are notified that your passport was used to commit a crime
- There is an unfamiliar authorization on your account
- Your bank statement does not look right
- Unfamiliar calls from debt collectors
- Your bills are missing, or you do not receive them anymore
- You are denied credit despite a good credit score
How to Prevent Passport Identity Theft in the USA
- Collect your mail daily The mail is an easy way to detect identity theft. If you receive statements that you are not aware of or you stop receiving statements, you may be a victim of identity theft.
- Freeze your credit This will prevent you or anyone else from getting a new credit card or accessing credit facilities in your name.
- Review your bank and credit card statements regularly You need to go through your bank and credit card statements and see if there is any irregular information. If anyone travels using your transport, you may notice unusual travel billing.
- Report your missing passport immediately If you suspect that you are missing your passport, report immediately to the police and USA Customs and Border Protection.
How to Sue For Identity Theft
If you suspect that you have fallen victim to passport identity theft, you can report or initiate a lawsuit. It’s a rather complex process and can take a lot of time and frustrate you. DoNotPay has a convenient online product called Sue Now that helps you sue the culprits quickly.
How to Report Passport Identity Theft in The USA By Yourself
The process of reporting a missing passport can be long and very frustrating. Here are the different ways of reporting your missing passport:
You need to report your missing passport on the USA Customs and Border Protection website. Using the online forms provided, fill in and provide all the information you have about your passport.
The form number is DS-64. You can reapply for a new one. You need to keep checking the website for an update because this could take some time.
- By mail
Print out the DS-64 form on the USA Customs and Border Protection website. Complete it by filling in all the information about your passport. Send the fully filled form back to the USA customs office using the dress on the form.
Given the urgent nature of losing your passport, this could take a very long time, leaving you more exposed.
- Call the office line.
Google and contact the US and Customs office. Call the office and report your missing passport. Provide as many details as you can.
This may be difficult, especially because you may not find them on the phone. This could delay your chances of successfully reporting your missing passport.
Next Steps for Reporting Passport Identity Theft in the USA if You Can’t Do It Yourself
Reporting passport identity theft in the USA can be very tedious and frustrating. DoNotPay is a fast online service that helps you skip the long process of reporting passport identity theft.
DoNotPay does all the work for you and gives you instant results. All you need to do is provide all the information regarding your passport. Another good news is DoNoPay not only reports your missing passport but can also apply for a new one.
DoNotPay follows up this process and ensures that you report your missing passport quickly. Once your passport is reported missing, it’s invalidated.
How to deal with identity theft using DoNotPay:
- Search “identity theft” on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, financial loss, and any suspect information you may have.
- We’ll identify whether you should file an FTC report, contact the IRS, freeze your credit report, contact state agencies, or file a police report. Once we guide you through the best options, we’ll automatically submit the reports on your behalf.
And that’s it. DoNotPay will make sure your issue gets sent to the right place. We’ll upload confirmation documents to your task for you to view, and if the contacts need more information, they will reach out to you personally via email or mail.
Why Use DoNotPay To Report Passport Identity Theft in the USA
DoNotPay can help resolve a plethora of identity theft issues for you:
|Navigating IRS Identity Theft||Reporting identity theft||Knowing what to do if someone filed for unemployment under your name|
|Learning about credit card fraud||Educating you on social Security identity theft||Learning what to do if someone has stolen your stimulus check|
|Learning about Equifax identity theft||Learning about Experian identity theft||Learning about how much money you can sue for in identity theft cases|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Help file claim for compensation for victims of crime
- Help contact government representatives
- Process chargeback and refunds
- Helps file a claim in the small claims court
- Process insurance claims
Passport identity theft can be very frustrating. This is because the loss of a passport can bring serious consequences, especially if it’s used to commit a crime. This can land you with legal problems.
Reporting a lost passport can be tedious, but DoNotPay works quickly to ensure that it’s reported and resolved. Sign up today for any help regarding lost passports and any other service you need. DoNotPay will do all the work and give you results efficiently in the comfort of your home.