How to Get Your Pet’s Vetco Medical Records
You never know when you'll need to show someone your pet's . If your dog were to bite someone, for example, you will need to prove he's had his rabies vaccine. If you're changing vets, you'll need to share your pet's medical history with your new vet. Other circumstances, like moving into a new apartment and applying for a pet license may also require you to provide a record of your pet's vaccinations and health status.
Don't wait for an emergency to get your pet's medical records. Save time and stress by getting them now, so you always know where they are and can produce them immediately if required. DoNotPay can request your pet's on your behalf, and we can point you toward the right medical records release form for human hospitals, too, including
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mercy, and others.
Learn more about how to obtain medical records from Vetco or your own hospital.
Why Do You Need Your Pet's Vaccination Records?
There are many situations where having your pet's electronic health records readily available is important:
- If your dog bites a person or another dog, you will need to provide evidence of his rabies shot.
- Vaccination records are required for international pet travel.
- If your dog has a particular health condition, you'll want to keep track of her vaccinations, medications, and procedures.
- If you change vets, you'll want to provide your new vet with all your pet's info.
- Vaccination records are often required when you move into a new apartment with a dog or cat.
- Vets may need the vaccination records to determine if your dog is eligible for a three-year rabies vaccine; otherwise, he or she will be given the one-year vaccine automatically.
How to Request Vetco Medical Records
Vetco makes it easy to get medical records:
|Website||Customer Service Medical Records Request|
The laws for how long medical records are kept vary by state, both for humans and animals. Vetco is committed to keeping records for at least three years. If you're not sure whether you'll return to Vetco for another appointment, you might want to request your pet's vaccination records now, so you can be sure you have them when you need them.
It should be a simple process, but snags can occur. Maybe you don't have login information for the online request portal, and you don't want to make yet another account for something you'll only use once or twice. You might call and make the request, only to have it get lost in the shuffle of a busy veterinary clinic. If the clinic sends your forms by mail, they could get delayed or lost. If you need your pet's vaccination records now, it can be unnecessarily stressful to do it on your own.
Vetco only offers preventative care, so you probably have another vet who has helped you when your animal was sick. You should request those records, as well. If it's a local vet, the clinic may not have an online portal for making requests. You might have to dig through the website or call them to figure out what to do. This takes more time.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can help by streamlining this process and taking care of the details for you.
How to Use DoNotPay to Request Your Pet's Vetco Medical Records
Don't waste time with research and lengthy request forms. Instead, DoNotPay can issue a request letter to your vet on your behalf. All you have to do is answer a few questions, including the name of your vet, information about you and your pet, and the address where you'd like to receive the records. It's fast and easy.
This is how it works:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay can help you request and records from any other veterinary clinic or human hospital. It's all part of helping you take the guesswork out of life's little hassles and challenges.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Just because a situation is common doesn't mean it's easy to navigate. Many people face legal and financial problems and don't know where to start to get them solved. DoNotPay is that starting point. We help you streamline experiences like these:
- File a complaint against a veterinarian
- Report animal abuse
- Obtain a fishing license
- Apply for a pet license
- Report a lost or found pet
- Find discounts on your favorite services
- File a police report
- Connect with an inmate
- File an insurance claim
- Clean up your credit report
- And more
Rely on us for the help you need to manage these responsibilities. Get started with DoNotPay today.