Get Compensated for Your Verizon Internet Outage
When the internet goes out, you could be left in the dark in more ways than one. A Verizon internet outage can cut you off from the outside world, and if you are one of the millions of people who work from home or run a business from a home-based office, you could be looking at a significant income loss.
A doesn't have to mean that you are stuck making up for lost wages or income. You can file a claim through DoNotPay, a service that helps you get the compensation you deserve. Don't spend hours on the phone or filling out forms - for all your Verizon internet outage needs, turn to DoNotPay.
Aside from the Verizon internet outage, we also deal with the following:
How to Check for a Verizon Internet Outage
According to the U.S. Energy Administration, the average utility customer has an average total blackout time of four hours per year. If the internet suddenly goes out, leaving you feeling stuck, there are a couple of things you can do before reaching out to Verizon.
- You can try rebooting your router. Sometimes temporary service issues can cause random interruptions. Rebooting your router should help restore your internet unless there is a power outage.
- Check for service outages through the Verizon website. This will inform you if there are people experiencing internet outages.
- If you are experiencing a power outage, Verizon instructs all customers to reach out to their local power company to see when service will be restored. The website features a list of power companies by state.
Once you determine that you are experiencing a , it's time to wait for the power to be restored. A power outage can last from several hours to several days or even longer, depending on whether the outage is caused by a widespread weather event.
A Verizon Internet Outage Could Cost You a Lot of Money
A Verizon internet outage could cost you money if you work from home or operate a business out of a home-based office. You could potentially be out of pocket for the following reasons:
- Lost wages due to time spent offline.
- Business expenses that occurred due to a long-lasting internet outage.
If you have lost internet due to a Verizon internet outage, you could be entitled to compensation, including credit, towards your next internet bill. However, trying to contact Verizon on your own to claim these credits could leave you with more questions than answers.
Get Compensation on Your Own for Your Verizon Internet Outage
If you decide to reach out to Verizon on your own to try to file a claim, you have options. You can get in touch with Verizon through the following methods:
|Call the Verizon service department at 1-877-596-7577.||To claim your credits towards your bill, explain the situation to the customer service representative. Be prepared to explain how the internet outage affected your work or business, and have your account number and personal information on hand for verification.|
|Chat with a Verizon virtual agent online.||Be prepared to be switched to a live agent if you try to claim bill credits through the virtual agent system since these systems are frequently not set up to accommodate discounts or refunds.|
Contacting Verizon to claim compensation for your internet outage can be frustrating. It might be stressful to try to get an agent to give you a refund or bill credits and leave you feeling as though you've had to fight for what you deserve. Fortunately, there is another option. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful method for getting compensation due to a Verizon internet outage.
Use DoNotPay to Get Your Verizon Internet Outage Compensation
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Handle Your Verizon Internet Outage Claim
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful solution for all your Verizon internet outage worries. DoNotPay can help you claim refunds by getting the hours lost in an internet outage waived from your main bill.
Don't spend hours on the phone with a representative who might not even be authorized to grant your refunds - turn to DoNotPay and get the compensation that you deserve due to a Verizon internet outage.