The Best Way to Get UTMC Medical Records
Tracking down can be time-consuming, but it's important to have an up-to-date copy of your file. UTMC, the abbreviated name for the University of Toledo Medical Center, is a teaching hospital that serves patients in northwest Ohio and the greater Toledo region. (Note—don't confuse it with the University of Tennessee Medical Center, which is often called UT Medical Center.)
Whether you need to transfer your UTMC medical records to a new doctor or if you need a copy for yourself—here's everything you need to know. The steps are listed below. Or, use DoNotPay and you'll solve any UTMC medical records issue in a flash.
Who Can Request UTMC Medical Records?
If you were a patient or had a procedure done as an outpatient at UTMC, you can request your medical records yourself—but you will have to submit an authorization form first. You can also contact your doctor to obtain your records for you. If your healthcare provider contacts UTMC to get your file to continue your care, there probably won't be a need to fill out a form.
On the other hand, you can assign the task to DoNotPay—you'll have your records quickly without worrying about following the correct procedure.
What Types of Records Always Require an Authorization Form?
Psychiatric and substance-use records always require your authorization before being released, even if they are being released to your healthcare provider. If this pertains to you, you will need to fill out a medical health records release form.
How to Submit an Authorization Form and Get UTMC Medical Records
You can find all the information about UTMC medical records on the Medical Records webpage. To request your health records, you need to fill out UTMC's Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information form.
There are four ways to submit the form on your own—in person, by mail, email, or fax.
- In-Person. Print the form, fill it out, and bring it to any UTMC registration desk.
- Mail. Send the completed form to: UTMC- ROI Office, 1015 Research Drive, Mail Stop 1072, Toledo, Ohio 43614
- Fax. Fax the completed form to 419-383-3001.
- Email. Fill out the form online, attach a scan or legible digital photo of the completed form and email it to the Health Information Management Department.
UTMC's Contact Information
|Hospital Address||3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH, 43614|
|Medical Records Office||Health Information Management Department|
Do I Have to Pay to Get My Records from UTMC?
Requesting medical records often comes with a fee, which can vary. UTMC charges a fee called a "Release of Information Charge," and it varies depending on whether you request paper copies of your medical records or an electronic file.
- If you request paper copies of your medical files by mail, UTMC charges 90 cents plus an additional five cents per page, plus postage.
- If you request your file by email or on a CD, there is a $6.50 electronic delivery fee. The fee covers your entire electronic health record, no matter how large it is.
Get UTMC Medical Records Easily With DoNotPay's Help
If you're wondering how to get your medical records without searching for a form to fill out—don't stress because there is an easier way. When you don't have the time to worry about whether or not you submitted the correct form, let DoNotPay handle it for you. Getting your medical records with DoNotPay's help is like having a virtual assistant.
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
Here’s how to request your with DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Can Get Any Type of Medical Records from Anywhere and More
Once you've successfully obtained your UTMC medical records, use DoNotPay to help solve other issues. DoNotPay can help you answer the following questions:
- How can I get Kaiser medical records?
- How long are medical records kept?
- How do I get medical records from Cleveland Clinic?
- How can I get Mercy's medical records?
- How can I get Baptist medical records?
What Other Time-Consuming Tasks Can DoNotPay Can Do for Me?
Medical issues can be complicated—but DoNotPay has all the answers regarding health care directives.
Do you need to file a complaint or request sick leave? Look no further, and let DoNotPay help with following all the correct processes so you get the outcome you expect.
The bottom line is that there's no task too big or too small for DoNotPay to solve. Get a handle on your bills, file a request for a copy of your birth certificate, or even learn about small claims court, with the click of a button.