How to Make a UTMB Medical Records Request
Originally called the John Sealy Hospital and Hospital Training School, the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) opened in 1890 in Galveston, TX. UTMB has since developed into a whole network of healthcare providers. From hospitals and clinics to emergency care, urgent care, and specialty care facilities. If you need to request copies of your from one of these facilities, we can tell you step-by-step how to make your request.
Do not let the thought of requesting your medical records intimidate you. Medical records are requested all of the time and for a wide range of reasons. You do not need to have a reason for requesting your medical records under HIPAA regulations. Let's take a look at what rights patients are granted under HIPPA concerning retrieval of medical records and find out how you can get yours.
Your Medical Records Are Legally Yours
HIPAA is an act that was accepted in 1996. The act regulates the ability to obtain personal health information (PHI). According to HIPAA, a person's medical records are legally theirs, and they have a right to access them and request copies as needed. There are several reasons why you might need to get copies of your , but you do not need a reason to make a request.
Get Your UTMB Medical Records by Yourself
- On the UTMB website, you will need to navigate to the medical records request tab.
- Here you will find the medical records request form that you must print out.
- Make sure the request form is filled out completely. Missing information will result in your request being denied.
- Do not forget to sign and date the request form.
- Submit your request in person at Jennie Sealy Hospital, 712 Texas Ave. Room 2.202 Galveston, TX 77555.
- You can also fax your request to (409)772-9208.
Facility Medical Records Transfer
If you are requesting your medical records to take them to another healthcare facility, you can speak with the new healthcare provider about requesting your records. You can authorize the new provider to request your records, and there is no charge for processing your request. If requesting records on behalf of a patient, providers can fax their request and authorization to (409)772-5101
How Much Does UTMB Charge for Medical Records Requests?
There is a processing fee for many medical records requests, even if you only wish to review your record yourself. The processing fee must be paid before the copy is printed or access is allowed. There is no charge when records are sent directly to another healthcare provider. The processing fee is waived if the request is about a disability claim as well. If your medical records are mailed, you will be charged for all associated costs.
|Processing fee, which includes the first ten pages of medical records
|11 to 60 pages of medical records
|$1.66 per page
|61 to 400 pages of medical records
|$0.81 per page
|401 pages and up
|$0.44 per page
|For medical records requested on microfilm, processing, and first ten pages
|Microfilm, 11 pages and up
|$1.71 per page
|Digital or electronic medical records requests
Who to Contact About UTMB Medical Records
- Jennie Sealy Hospital - (409) 266-9901
- Health Information Management - (409) 772-1965
- STAT Informatic Solutions - (409) 772-1965
How to Get Your UTMB Medical Records Using DoNotPay
Hospitals and clinics take their time in filling records requests. Do not let them make you feel bad for asking for the medical records that are rightfully yours.
How to Request Medical Records Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
That is all there is to do. Your medical records should arrive within two weeks.
Any Facility, Anywhere
In Texas, New York, or Hawaii, and everywhere in between, you can use the Request Medical Records product or any DoNotPay product. This product will work for you no matter what type of healthcare facility you are requesting medical records from. Need instructions specific to another facility? Check out these.
- Get Kaiser medical records in a hurry.
- Baptist medical records are no problem to obtain.
- Need to get Mercy medical records?
- We can tell you how to get medical records.
- Request Cleveland Clinic medical records today.
- How long are medical records kept?
- Electronic health records are easier to manage.
- Medical records release forms are needed for all medical records requests.
- How to get your medical records the easy way.
And So Much More
There is plenty more you can do with the help of the products of DoNotPay. When you need to get things done quickly, easily, and successfully, you can count on these products to help you do that. How will you save even more time and money with DoNotPay?
- What is the Advanced healthcare directive?
- Starting a claim in small claims court, where to begin.
- File a complaint about the rude sales assistant.
- Request sick leave with no fuss.
- Birth certificates can be ordered from anywhere.
- Help with bills is right this way.