The Easiest Way to Request UConn Medical Records
Health is one of the most critical components of life, and keeping track of your medical records is key to keeping your health on track. Although your primary doctor generally has your information updated and available, you might need to gain documents from a specific source like UConn medical records.
There are several reasons you might wish to gain access to your medical records, but you might not have any idea how to do so or if it is even possible. Knowing how to obtain your health records and what forms need to be filled out is confusing.
Different companies have different processes and forms to further confuse requests. Hospitals such as Baptist, Cleveland Clinic, and Mercy have varying processes, as do insurance companies like Kaiser. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you get your necessary records without the headache!
Why Do You Need Medical Records?
There are several reasons you might need or want to obtain your UConn medical records. The following are just a few:
- You are switching doctors and need to transfer your records.
- You would like a copy for your personal reference.
- You would like an electronic copy of your medical records.
- Your family is compiling medical records.
- You are seeing a specialist or a doctor outside of your primary physician who needs to reference your history.
How to Get Medical Records from UConn
If you are or have been a patient at UConn Health, your medical records are their property for some time. However, you have a right to your UConn medical records, and they are willing to release them as long as you follow the proper protocols.
Direct from Provider
Perhaps the easiest way to access hard copies of your health records is to obtain them from your provider during an appointment. The provider can provide you select history for your use in urgent care situations.
UConn Has MyChart
All UConn Health patients have access to their medical information from the online portal, MyChart. To access this information, a few steps are required
- Go to MyChart.com.
- Choose the state you are looking for health records in.
- Choose UConn Health.
- From here, you can choose to request an activation code or verify your identity.
- Once your identity has been confirmed, you can log in and access your chart.
Request Medical Records by Paper Form
- Fill out a Patient Request to Access Medical Records form.
- Take the form to the UConn Health Release of Information Office, 263 Farmington Avenue, Room CG177, Farmington, CT, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- You can choose to mail the form to Health Information Management UConn Health 63 Farmington Avenue, MC 2260 Farmington, CT 06030-2260.
- The form can also be emailed to PatientROIRequests@uchc.edu or faxed to 860-679-1273.
How to Obtain Specialized Medical Records
Although general medical and dental records might be all you need, some forms, such as X-rays, require additional steps to obtain.
If you are looking to transfer your care or seek a second opinion, you might want to get a copy of your pathology slides. To do so, you must fill out the Authorization to Obtain and Release Pathology Slides/Reports. Afterward, you can submit them a few ways.
|Address||Department of Anatomic Pathology
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3985
Bring in Person: The Department of Anatomic Pathology at UConn Health
The correct form or release form must be filled out to access generalized x-rays. However, radiology x-rays are only available through the Diagnostic Imaging Department. Their number is 860-679-2441, and their fax number is 860-679-1465.
Patient release or authorization to release forms must be filled out for dental x-rays as well. The forms for dental x-rays must be delivered to the Dental Department by the following options
- Fax: 860-679-7817
- Mail: Medical Records Dental Care Center UConn Health 263 Farmington Avenue, MC 2105 Farmington, CT 06030
How DoNotPay Can Help You Request Your UConn Medical Records
Finding the correct forms and delivering them to the right department can be time-consuming and frustrating if you need your UConn medical records. Luckily, DoNotPay simplifies the process, ensuring you have the documents you need as quickly as possible. It only takes a few simple steps.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
That is all you have to do! Now you can sit back and relax, knowing your problem is solved without the headache or hassle.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
Obtaining UConn medical records is only one of the many tasks DoNotPay is here to help you complete. We help with a wide variety of daily tasks and grievances, including
To discover more ways DoNotPay can save you money and time, join DoNotPay today!