Submit Traffic Light Complaints to Your City Easily

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm, is not licensed to practice law, and is not equivalent to the services of a licensed lawyer. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help, and does not offer legal services. Third party news articles mentioned on our website do not necessarily reflect the views of the company, or the current services that we offer.

Is a Traffic Light Out in Your City? Here's How DoNotPay Can Help

Blinking, physically broken, or otherwise, nonworking traffic lights are annoying at best and can quickly become very dangerous. Report these issues to your city immediately, and DoNotPay will help you submit your easily and we will make sure it is taken care of as quickly as possible.

How to Report a Traffic Light Issue to the City

Depending on the city you live in, you may have several options for reporting traffic light problems. You may be able to:

  • Submit complaints to your city through an online form
  • Call or email your city
  • Contact your city on social media
  • Call your local police department's non-emergency number if you cannot find a way to contact the city, or the city does not respond to your complaint within a reasonable amount of time

Getting in touch with your city is rarely a straightforward process, and utilizing DoNotPay makes it more convenient to handle the issue on your behalf than any of the above options.

Injured as a Result of a Traffic Light Issue? Send Demand Letters To Your City or County for Compensation

Traffic light issues that are not taken care of immediately can result in serious injuries, vehicle damage, or even death within a matter of minutes. For this reason, not responding to your complaint as soon as you report it to the city may be considered negligence, most especially if the malfunctioning traffic light results in an accident after the city was informed about it. However, attempting to send demand letters to your city is likely to be a long, complicated, and expensive process that you should not attempt on your own. Instead, using DoNotPay's small claims service is significantly more likely to result in getting you the compensation you deserve.

Why Should I Report Traffic Light Issues?

Most traffic light issues are the result of a minor malfunction that is relatively simple for your city to repair, but they can result in serious injuries and major damage to your vehicle if they are not taken care of immediately. Although your city's maintenance team likely monitors for traffic light outages and other significant problems periodically, they cannot be everywhere at all times. Helping out your city by reporting a traffic light problem as soon as you notice it can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for the city to send a team to repair the light. Your city can also take precautionary measures in the meantime, such as posting an alert on social media or putting up temporary signs if a traffic light may take longer than usual to fix.

How Can I Gather Evidence to Prove My Damage Claim?

Gathering and providing evidence can be a lot of work, but you need proper documentation to support your report. Without this, the city may try to disprove the liability, especially if the malfunctioning traffic light resulted in injuries and serious damages.

To report a traffic light issue or an accident caused by a malfunctioning traffic light, you may be asked to submit reasonable evidence such as:

Malfunctioning or physically damaged traffic light
  • Location of the intersection where a malfunctioning traffic light is
  • Submit photos or videos
Injury as a result of a traffic light issue
  • Video footage from nearby security or dashboard cameras
  • Statements from physician or lawyer
  • Any details to prove that your car speed or other factors did not cause the accident to take place

Why Use DoNotPay to Report Traffic Light Complaints

Malfunctioning traffic lights are a serious problem that should be fixed immediately to prevent significant injuries, property damage, or even death, and DoNotPay provides the necessary documentation to ensure that the city prioritizes fixing the traffic light over less urgent repairs. Our form simply requires you to provide us with a few details about the location of the traffic light and what the specific problem is, which we will forward to your city with accompanying information about why the city must repair it immediately and what may happen if they do not. Our process can be helpful in nearly any situation, especially if your city does not make its contact information easy to find.

If you want to file a city repair report, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:

1. Go to the City Repairs product on DoNotPay.

2. Choose one of the following options:

  1. Report a maintenance issue to the city
  2. Send Demand Letters To the city for compensation.

3. If you want to report an issue, choose which problem you would like to report (pothole, broken lights, etc.) and tell us more about when you first noticed the issue.

4. If you want to request compensation, tell us whether you 1) suffered a personal injury, or 2) suffered from property damage. Then tell us more about the incident date, where it took place, and any expenses you have already paid. Include the names of witnesses if applicable.

5. Upload supporting documents and other evidence files.

6. Enter the amount you want to be compensated in damages and verify your e-signature.

DoNotPay Works Across All Entities With the Click of a Button

DoNotPay makes it easy to quickly report any problem that falls within the responsibilities of your city, even if their contact information is not easy to find or tends not to respond to residents ' concerns within a reasonable amount of time. We provide a faster, easier, and more successful option for managing problems within your city. We can also help you avoid costly repairs, cleaning fees, medical costs, or other expenses that may result from a wide range of city issues, including:

What Do I Do if My First Claim Doesn't Get a Response?

You may be tempted to give up if you contact your city about a traffic light issue or other problems on your own and not get a response after your first, second, or even third attempt to have the problem dealt with or for compensation for an injury. By choosing DoNotPay, we will handle the hard work of contacting your city as many times as it takes for you, as well as provide them with information about what may happen if your city continues to ignore our requests.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay makes it easy to quickly and successfully handle a wide range of services without having to escalate the situation by working with a lawyer. In addition to dealing with a wide range of city issues for you, we can also help you:

  1. Obtain copies of several types of documents, such as birth, marriage, and death certificates
  2. Make sure you are receiving any veterans' benefits you may be entitled to
  3. Stay informed about recalls that may affect you
  4. Have your personal photos removed from the internet
  5. Close accounts or cancel free trials

With DoNotPay, we make reporting traffic light problems much easier than contacting your city on your own. to submit your complaint!

Want your issue solved now?