Who Do I Call to Report Illegal Dumping in Los Angeles? Try DoNotPay!
It's fast. It's easy. And it's safe! You won't need to wait on hold for an hour or speak with any detectives. Law enforcement won't come to your home to talk to you about the LA illegal dumping you report. And you don't need to keep any particular records. DoNotPay will handle everything for you. You can use the app to report all kinds of issues in LA, from broken street lights to potholes and graffiti.
This article explains how to report illegal dumping in LA using DoNotPay.
- Provide phone numbers to call to report illegal dumping by yourself, and explain that process
- Include LA's online trash reporting form, and explain how to use it
- Discuss the dangers of illegal dumping in Los Angeles
- And introduce you to some other legal tasks you can manage with DoNotPay
If someone is illegally dumping trash nearby, that's dangerous and gross. You're probably in a hurry to report it, so let's get started.
Who to Call to Report Illegal Trash Dumping in Los Angeles by Yourself
You can either call LA County or fill out a form online to report dumping in LA.
LA County's Illegal Trash Dumping Hotline
In LA County, you can report illegal dumping by calling 1-888-8-DUMPING.
- Call the hotline
- Select your language preference
- Describe the location of the trash
- Describe any people you saw and the time you witnessed the dumping
Please note, you may need to provide your contact information so that a detective can contact you in the future. That's why so many people prefer to use the DoNotPay App. It does all the legal paperwork without leading a police officer to your door.
Report LA Trash Dumping Online
You can also fill out LA County's Illegal Dumping Incident Report. This method is a bit more private. But you'll still need to provide a valid email address, and law enforcement might reach out to you. Don't forget to click the "submit" button at the bottom of the form.
Now, we mentioned earlier that illegal trash dumping is dangerous. Let's talk about that.
The Dangers of Illegal Dumping in LA
Los Angeles businesses and residents are illegally dumping tens of thousands of tons of trash around the city and county of LA. This creates dangerous public health risks and leads to a lower quality of life in some neighborhoods.
Those health risks can manifest in:
|Broken glass, nails, or other physical hazards||It has the potential to inflict human injuries such as cuts, which might lead to infection.|
|Vermin, like rats or roach infestations||Tash breeds rats, raccoons, and other vermin, making illegal dumpsites an excellent breeding ground. Many of these scavenging rats carry infections with them, diseases that, if not treated appropriately, can lead to significant sickness.|
|Fires||Because unlawful dumping grounds might promote combustion, or because arson is popular at these types of dumping sites, fires may become more common.|
Illegal trash dumping causes more problems than unsightly neighborhoods, lower home values, and dangers to children at play. Controller Galerpin's report also notes there is a connection between illegal trash dumping and homelessness in LA. Unlawful dumping near homeless encampments makes life even harder for people who are already experiencing a tough time in their life.
That's why you should act now and report illegal trash using the DoNotPay App. It's fast and easy, and DoNotPay will handle all the paperwork for you.
But you can do a lot more with DoNotPay!
How to Report Illegal Dumping in Los Angeles Using DoNotPay
The DoNotPay App is the faster, easier, and more reliable way to report dumping. Here's how it works in 6 simple steps.
- Go to the City Repairs product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Report a maintenance issue to the city
- Sue the city for compensation.
- If you want to report an issue, choose which problem you would like to report (pothole, broken lights, etc.) and tell us more about when you first noticed the issue.
- If you want to request compensation, tell us whether you 1) suffered a personal injury, or 2) suffered from property damage. Then tell us more about the incident date, where it took place, and any expenses you have already paid. Include the names of witnesses if applicable.
- Upload supporting documents and other evidence files.
- Enter the amount you want to be compensated in damages and verify your e-signature.
And you're all done! DoNotPay will report the illegal dumping to Los Angeles County.
As you see, DoNotPay is the faster, easier way to report illegal trash dumping in Los Angeles. But you can also try it by yourself. Let's see how that works.
What Else Can I Do With DoNotPay?
You can manage all sorts of municipal complaints using the DoNotPay App. Try it for:
- Broken traffic lights
- Traffic light complaints or traffic light reporting
- Parking violations
- And handicap parking violations
But that's not all. You can use DoNotPay for all kinds of legal legwork! It's like having an attorney in your back pocket.
Any time a business is treating you unfairly, you can solve it with DoNotPay. For instance, you can use the app to cancel timeshares, remove your name from public websites and social media sites, and stop getting junk mail. Try it today!