How to Request Medical Records from Sutter Health
has an elaborate release of information system that allows patients and their representatives to access their medical records easily. You can submit the request online or send the required documents via mail, fax, or email.
To request medical records from Sutter Health, you'll need to download the authorization form, fill it out, and sign it as Sutter Health cannot release any medical records without it. The forms are available in English, Spanish, and Chinese to serve a wider population.
Since Sutter Health has a straightforward request process, you can do it yourself and get your medical records. However, DoNotPay has a product that takes away the hassle of downloading forms, filling them out, and mailing them to Sutter Health as it does all these for you.
What Types of Medical Records are Restricted from Being Released?
The federal and state laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), state that you have the right to access all your medical records without any restrictions because your medical records are your property.
However, might be obliged to restrict access to some medical records due to various reasons. Such restricted records include the following.
- Records that are meant to serve as evidence for a lawsuit filed in court.
- If the patient requests the hospital not to release their medical records to anyone.
- Records that reveal information on a newsworthy case, like in a case of violence.
- Records containing sensitive information on the patient's condition like the patient's HIV status, mental illness, or STDs.
- If the records reveal a person's identity, who has been promised confidentiality.
Such restricted records can only be released if there is a proper authorization from the affected parties. For example, if the records are meant to be used in a court of law as evidence, they can only be released for that purpose and are sent directly to the court or the court representative.
How to Request Medical Records from Sutter Health
It's important to note that Sutter Health cannot release any medical records unless written authorization from the patient or their representative. The process of submitting your request is simple, and you can do it online or through the mail, email, or fax.
Here's how to go about it.
Request Online, You’ll Need To
- First, go to Sutter Health's Request Medical Record page.
- Then, click on the "Submit Your Authorization Form" button.
- Upload a photo of your government-issued ID. If you are requesting on behalf of someone else, upload supporting documentation together with your ID to verify your authority.
Better still, you can sign in to My Health Online and get your medical records online.
Request via Mail, Fax, or Email, You’ll Need To
- Download and complete the Medical Records Authorization form in English, Spanish, or Chinese.
- Fill out the form correctly and sign as required.
- Attach a photocopy of your ID and other supporting documents to verify your authority.
- Send them through email, fax, or mail to the facility where you receive medical care.
Sutter Health will receive your request and process your medical records within 15 calendar days. The ROI specialist at Sutter Health will contact you once your records are ready and inform you if you need to pay any charges and how to do it.
If you need to contact Sutter Health for any information concerning your medical records, you can reach them through the contacts shown on this table.
|Sutter Health Contact Details|
|Phone Number||(855) 771-4220|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 160345, Sacramento, CA 95816.|
If you notice an inaccuracy about a provider's note in your After-Visit Summary or patient record, you can report it to the Sutter Health facility in your locality, and it will be addressed.
How to Request Medical Records From Sutter Health With the Help of DoNotPay
If you could have an easy way of requesting your medical records, DoNotPay is your best option. You'll only need to provide the required details through DoNotPay's questionnaire and let DoNotPay do the rest for you.
Through product, you can request medical records transfer from one health care provider to another and get access to the records.
Here's how DoNotPay works.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request for medical records to your health care provider within a few days, and you should have your records received within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Work Across All Platforms in a Click of a Button
Some of the areas DoNotPay can help include the following.
- Medical Records
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Records Release form
- Kaiser medical records
- How to request medical records
- How long are medical records kept?
- Mercy medical records
- How to get my medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland Clinic medical records
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from requesting for your medical records, DoNotPay can also assist you with a wide variety of services such as:
- Advance health care directive
- Filing a complaint
- Help with bills
- Request sick leave
- Birth Certificates
- Small court claims
Check out DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product for more information.